Monday, February 6, 2012

Ring for Aba


The littlest came home from school not to long ago asking his papa for a ring.
Papa: What do you need a ring for?
#2: I need a ring so I can marry Aba.
Papa: You are going to marry Ava?
#2: Yes, I'm going to marry Aba and I need a ring like you married mama with a ring.
The oldest piped in and said he could give #2 the rings he got out of a vending machine a couple months back.



So today we made Ava (or Aba) a special Valentine using the cute freebie digital image created by Beth from Papertrey Ink in celebration of their five year anniversary. After I cut the cardstock down to size and used a circle punch to make a hole, I ran it through the embossing machine using the Polka Dot Basics II Impression Plate, then attached a colored bee image behind the front flap and rounded the corners! I cut a small length of ribbon and stapled the valentine and ribbon to the juice container. Now that I think about it, since these sweet notes were super easy, quick and inexpensive to make that the boys could help me and they could be their treats instead of candy for the school parties.


30 comments:

  1. Awww bless! A little romantic! Better start on those wedding invites... :)

    Super cute idea for a Valentine's treat! Aba will need something to wash down all her Valentine's candy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. swoon.. ah grade school love... how precious!!! Love the simplicity of this tag-- need to make my boys Valentine's goodies and this is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Bee card! Cherish the sweet moments from your little guys (and big one, too)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, so sweet! I love the story and the gift tag.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is simply adorable.. Love the little story.. so fun! :) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see your little one is talented too...this is just so sweet...that little bee is adorable..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww young love...what more could Aba want than a Capri Sun and a precious valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. how precious your boy is!! love the idea of juice instead of candy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank goodness for older sibling who can step in with needed assistance and ring!! Such a cute story! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww....so cute! What a sweet story...:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. man, i wish i was Aba. what sweet little men you've got...i love how the oldest provided assistance too. great card and great idea to ixnay the candy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh...this makes my heart happy. Love your little man's sweet little handwriting. this is exactly what I was doing this weekend...working on Valentine's. Marcel asks me to write the long names :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an adorable story Karen! I just love it! I also love this projects, perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awwww what a sweet moment in your life and his little life! Love this story and cute creation ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't wait to see the wedding invitations. So sweet.

    your card is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww that loving nature is something to cherish Karen, what a perfect valentines gift for Ava and don't you just love that cute handwriting :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is an adorable little story. So cute! I hope Aba likes her Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  18. too adorbs. what a great valentine idea. hope 'aba' likes it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. loved reading this blog post and I think Aba must be one special girl! How cute of your son to come home and ask for a ring for her! This is really precious!

    ReplyDelete
  20. so very sweet, and Aba is quite a lucky girl...

    ReplyDelete
  21. your little one is too cute and sweet! =) such fun project, too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So sweet! And I love that we both paired that impression plate with that image. Great minds... :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great valentine! And I love the little convo - they grow up fast, don't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a SWEET story, Karen!!! And these Valentine treats are ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete