Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Three Bulbs



For a wedding gift (we were married three days before Christmas) I received a box full of wonderfully delicate and detailed glass ornaments. I proudly displayed them for a few years until the little ones arrived. They've been kept safe in a padded box and I'm excited to think that this year I'll be able to take them out!

There's a new sketch up on the Skipping Stones Design Blog, you can check out the details, rules and prize information here, along with gorgeous samples from the design team and guest designers! I chose to focus on the three buttons from the sketch and used the ornaments from Christmas Song. The heart background I transformed into a strip of white cardstock that has a slight embossing to it. The ornaments were stamped in red ink and shaded with pink and red inks. I drew the black outline for some definition and they were then fussy cut and applied to the card with some string.

I hope the sketch inspires you to play along!

19 comments:

  1. I bet your wedding ornaments are just gorgeous! I love how you hand drew the outline on the ornaments! Great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch. Love the color of the ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card. too funny about the ornaments. We had just a tree with lights ONLY for many many YEARS until two years ago when I felt it was "safe" to put the ornaments on with two boys in the house. A few break each year but they are the cheapos from Hobby Lobby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun to be able to put special ornaments on your tree this year!!!!! Your card is AWESOME...something about the black and the twine....simply magnificent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the touch of embossing to add a little texture. I have a crystal ornament tree..it is on the buffet in our dining room that is harder for little hands to reach!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, this is magnificent! Love the combo of the red, kraft and black twine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Karen, I love this card. The colors the ornaments and the story behind the ornaments. I bet your tree will be amazing this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card and I love your story. Enjoy having your special ornaments out this year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen, this card is beautiful!! I love that you were given ornaments for a wedding present! Amy ornaments are treasures - collected over the years, with stories. My anniversary is also near Christmas. What a joyful time of the year! Thanks for the beautiful inspiration!!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love those ornaments and I hope that the glass ornaments enjoy their freedom from the box.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely Karen! I bet you will have MANY treasured memories spring into your thoughts when you unwrap those wedding ornaments! Have fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those ornaments totally pack a punch! Awesome texture!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is beautiful Karen... as always.... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely set of ornaments on your card- and how fun to look forward to special ones for your tree this year!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simply gorgeous Karen. So elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  17. really like your take on the sketch. this is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh wow-eee, those glossy red ornaments look fab-u-lous on the kraft and white background! Great placement too!! Slowly getting a chance to catch up on some blog posts, and wanted to thank you so much for your words of sympathy on my blog last week. They really mean a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete