Monday, March 9, 2015

May Arts:: Spring/Summer New Release Hop


May Arts has a whole slew of fabulous new ribbons available for Spring/Summer 2015, and they have a two day inspiration hop to showcase them! I'm the last stop for the day. I received the amazing 468 series ribbon, 2.5" Cotton Blend/Vintage Print in Nautical and Garden, to showcase and I took advantage of the wide width for my projects.


My first project feature the ribbon with the trendy, vintage nautical print. This print is perfect for simple, masculine decor! I took a cleaned, tin can and covered the top portion with the nautical print and added a strip of denim ribbon on the bottom. I combined the two together with a knotted row of thick, burlap twine.

The following two projects feature how easy this wide, patterned ribbon is to use on greeting cards. I took advantage of the amazing prints and substituted ribbon for patterned paper by simply adhering the ribbon to a card base with double sided adhesive, stamping a sentiment and finishing the card with burlap string bow and knot.



As usual, there are prizes! Three winners will receive 1 roll of the new release! I hope you enjoy the hop today and tomorrow. Here's a line-up for both days, but be sure to check out full details over on the May Arts Blog!

Monday   

Tuesday

17 comments:

  1. Fab projects and a fab new ribbon set!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of the wide ribbon and using it on the greeting cards.
    I make greeting cards so this will make cards faster and easier.
    Great projects.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff! Love the denim with the ribbon! Awesome card ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you have utilized the rustic twines. The nautical can is a cute idea. I like the twine to match the sails and trims on the card, especially since it matches the rope tying diagram. BUT I have to say my fav is the sweet little pink card tied with the natural jute. I always think I should use something dainty or lacy but this is so charming!
    Thanks for sharing your lovely work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty projects with these great new ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects, love the wide ribbon on the cards. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects. I really like the nautical ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. PRETTY vase and cards Karen!!!
    The prints look FABULOUS and your CAS designs, along with the texture of the burlap string & twine showcase them perfectly - THANK YOU for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How clever you are, Karen!! I would not of thought to use these on the fronts of cards but how gorgeous they turned out!!!! The vase is perfect for home décor of gift giving!! Just terrific inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. my goodness your cards are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your projects are super Karen! I love the tin can with the denim and rope. Your card is lovely too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete