Saturday, April 8, 2017

This Raccoon Steals My Heart


Raccoons are such interesting critters. One of my favorite books is Where the Red Fern Grows and one of my favorite parts in that book is where the grandfather explains to the boy on how to catch a coon with a nail. Raccoons are curious and they like shiny things. Makes me smile every time I read it.

I'm playing along with Ellen Hutson's Mix It Up Challenge with Waffle Flower Crafts. I started with a red cardstock base and die cut a circle on the right side. I topped the circle with a pretty and intricate die from Waffle Flowers, called Flowers Circle Inverted Die. I then finished the front with some washi tape banners and a sentiment die cut from Essentials by Ellen Brushstroke Hello by Julie Ebersole.


The little raccoon from the Essentials by Ellen's Tree Farm by Brandi Kincaid peeks out from the die cut circle on the front of the card.


The inside of the card houses the raccoon, with a die cut circle behind him (colored with distress inks and speckled with water.)

I took some time to craft today, after spending the morning outside in the flowerbeds getting them ready! I can hardly wait to see which pretty perennials weathered the harsh Wisconsin winter...

5 comments:

  1. Oh Karen, the contrast in colors on this is GORGEOUS and love that little rascal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Amy, the colors are perfect and that little critter is adorable! I love the spiky circle, too! Nice work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice color choices and the raccoon is super cute. I really like how you arranged the raccoon on the inside of the card. Occasionally we have a raccoon on our back porch at night stealing nuts from the birdseed feeder. They are fun and curious creatures. Thanks for the wonderful inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! So fun...I'm with Amy...love the contrast in colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so dang cute!! That little guy looks like he's been caught in the act and is saying "who me?"!!

    ReplyDelete