Friday, February 2, 2018

After the Valentine


I've been seeing and admiring the vast array of cards celebrating Valentine's Day. Today I'm featuring a set of cards that utilize lovey products outside or after Valentine's Day. Getting more miles out of stamps and dies is always a goal of mine.


I started this card by die cutting the largest heart from Lil' Inker Designs Dual Dotted Hearts Dies from light blue cardstock and used embroidery floss to "connect the dots". I die cut smaller hearts from the Floating Hearts Die and the word sentiment from the Doodled Love Word Die, both from glitter paper, and then finished with a sentiment banner that had been stamped with Sending You Stamp Set.


This next card uses the negative of the heart from the above card. I started with a white card base and adhered a series of washi tape, solid cardstock and glitter paper banners. I then added the heart with dimensional adhesive, some glitter hearts, the Love word die, and some Nuvo Drops.


Lil' Inker Designs has a ton of Valentine's Day products, please check them out and remember, you can use them all year round!

3 comments:

  1. Love them both! That first one...wow!
    Love the use of non-traditional colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been so long since I've followed your designs Karen. I love it as much now as I did then. I love your use of thread! Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete