Monday, August 10, 2020

MFT Summer School Days 5, 4, and 3


I'm back today with projects for the final three days of MFT's Summer School. I had so much fun creating projects for each of the lessons.



This first card is for Day 5: White Space. Truth be told, incorporating "white space" has always been one of my favorite design elements. Instead of choosing a white card base, I went with a sky blue, still keeping the card clean and simple with lots of non-busyness. I stamped and copic colored the dinosaur and leaves from the retired You're Rawsome Stamp Set, then added a sentiment from Happy Hippos and Ewe are the Best. I finished the card with a rounded corner and some Nuvo Drops.


My next card is for Day 4: Ombre. I started with some artist grade gray cardstock, then stamped the hippos from Happy Hippos in a stacked fashion-also one of my favorite things to do with critter stamps! Each was colored with a mixture of Copics and Prismacolor Pencils in shades of blue.



I also added the balloons and the bird, coloring them and the present with purple ombre colors-and just because they were cute and balanced out the stacked hippos. To finish the card, I stamped the sentiment from Happy Hippos, adhered the panel to a white card base and outlined the panel with black pen.



Last, but not least, I have a card for Day 3: Symmetry. I looked through all of my MFT stamps and found this yeti from Beast Friends. His body was perfectly symmetrical, so I stamped him onto watercolor paper, colored with the paints and then added some white gel pen for snowy fur.


I nestled him onto a backdrop made from the Peek A Boo Polka Dots Die Namics cut from white cardstock and a blue card base. I finished the card with a sentiment from the same set.

This card completes the five lessons-I've graduated! I'm proud to be able display the following badge!












1 comment: