Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Time For...


Another layout! Just a quick post here...(and a story).

They both idolize their Papa, but a few times during the week their Mama piques their curiosity. It could be when she is making chocolate chip cookies, or trying to clean with all the fun tools... Their Mama will take the time when she gets it, knowing all too soon that they will begin to get stingy with their time, with their affection. I so much cherish the time with just me and my boys. I know it is not grammatically correct, but it just sounds funny to say My Boys and Me...

 

The Scrap Doctor referred me to a really fun challenge called From Screen to Scrap where you base your layout off of a featured movie poster. This month's was for Sherlock Holmes. I took inspiration from the general layout of the poster as well as the colors. I also added some metal sticker embelllishments, my title is in a block and there is a touch of teal! I've been meaning to make a card based off the poster too, but alas, I ran out of time!

19 comments:

  1. Karen,
    Very cute layout...of course I have a little boy bias at my house!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done an excellent job of the challenge Karen. We hope you enjoy the challenge site and manage to be inspired each month :)

    cheers
    shazza

    ReplyDelete
  3. little boys are just a treasure-enjoy! i'm loving your take on this challenge, esp using the block styled layout:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet LO, Karen. Your boys are just adorable. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. woot woot for your layout karen...little boys are thee best:) What a great take on the inspiration...keep those layouts coming Karen...I love seeing them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute LO Karen, and the pictures are so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen,
    I love your page! Yes cherish the time you have with them. My youngest two are boys and they are married now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful LO!! So sweet!! :) :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a nice page! Cute little guys. I like how your littlest is hamming it up in the one photo! You enjoy them! It does go too fast! I'm trying desperately to hold onto the time I have left...only three years 'til college for my son!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable LO and amazingly adorable little ones too Karen! I love simple pleasures like those.

    Oh, and it would actually not be grammatically correct to say "My boys and I", it should technically be "My boys and ME!", so you were closer than you thought! lol

    And now I've embarassed myself by admitting I'm a grammar guru.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVELY photos of you and the boys! fantastic inspiraton from Sherlock Holmes (which I saw on the plane ride).Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. such an adorable layout! love those sweet photos of you and your boy!! they make me smile!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome layout and love how you used the inspiration piece. I know what you mean about time with a boy. Mine is changing a lot this summer and doesn't come to me for hugs or a cuddle as much as he used to. sigh...enjoy every minute you get from them.

    Thanks so much for your comment on my blog, too:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. A wonderful layout - it makes me so happy to see You and Your Boys! They are so sweet - glad you grab those opportunities, and I know you'll treasure this scrap-layout forever!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun, I keep thinking every time you do a layout that I should challenge myself and do one too... some day?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome layout and just love seeing the photo of you and your boys... Looks like you all have a lot of fun together. Oh this movie was pretty good too, in my opinion anyway :)

    ReplyDelete