Wednesday, December 4, 2013

May Arts:: Christmas Card Hop



The May Arts Ribbonistas have joined together for a Christmas Card Blog Hop, featuring May Arts Ribbon, of course!

If you are following the hop, you should have arrived from Jenifer's Blog, and if you want to start at the beginning or to get more details, please visit the May Arts Blog.

My card today features my most favorite of all May Arts Ribbon, the silk! I started by embossing a quilt pattern onto a card base then stamped the sentiment. I cut out a tag from some patterned paper and then adhered the tag with 1.25" May Arts Silk Ribbon in Olive (SK16). Before tying the knot, I slipped in a length of the 1/2" Solid Wrinkle Ribbon in Red (EA14), in which I tied a nice bow on top of the knotted green silk. Since both these ribbons are lightweight and so easy to manipulate into flat bows, the card hardly has any bulk and will mail with regular postage.

A simple card, but perfect for mailing and that ribbon sure packs a punch! Now, there are prizes for commenting on any stop along the way... you could with three spools of May Arts Ribbon from their Christmas Category!

I'm going to send you along to Lalo's blog now, but remember,  you can find the complete list of participating blogs over at May Arts

22 comments:

  1. that silk ribbon is gorgeous! Great way to finish off your pretty card...awesome silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, this is soooo pretty and elegant. So LOVE. You should link up in my linky party…..it’s anything goes and you can link up once a day :D

    Be blessed, Beckie
    Just B Creative Crazy Blog
    Sparkly Sweet Craft Notions Blog
    Sparkly Sweet Craft Notions Shop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty!! Love your bow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good that this ribbon will lay flat when you are mailing the card. That is always something I worry about - will the card go through the mail without being destroyed. It's a very pretty card. Love Rudolph's picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Silk ribbon is so pretty! Hugs..x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, love the silhouette!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! Love the beautiful ribbons you used,
    TFS
    Have a wonderful day!
    Liz O.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty. I like the embossed pattern and the beautiful ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, this is incredible Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. BEAUTIFUL card!!!
    LOVE your GORGEOUS ribbons and ELEGANT design - I confess that I was thinking of adding red bling to the kangaroos on some Aussie themed cards that I'm making and now I know they will be fabulous with the addition of some ribbon too, I'm not so good with perfect bows, so knots will definitely be the go :)
    THANK YOU for sharing your crafty Christmas inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning Karen. I love that you combined the red and green ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty card - love the red and green ribbon.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wowzers! What a beautiful card! Your ribbon treatment is nothing short of stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely wonderful. I love your card!! tfs Patricia B

    ReplyDelete