Tuesday, December 10, 2013

May Arts:: A Scrapbook Adhesive Christmas



I don't think there is any object out there that doesn't pair well or work well with May Arts Ribbon. I'm pretty particular when it comes to adhesives I use, especially when working with ribbon on cards, and I love how Scrapbook Adhesives products adhere the ribbon. May Arts has teamed up with Scrapbook Adhesives this week for a fun blog hop, it is the second day of inspiration. Complete details can be found on the May Arts Blog.


My first card features some luscious satin ribbon in the traditional Christmas Colors. I laid a line Scrapbook Adhesives' Crafty Power Tape on my card base and then made some long ribbon tabs with May Arts' 1.5" Satin Grosgrain Edged Ribbon in Olive (HN16) and Burgundy (HN25). Then I looped and layered a length of the 1" Sheer Gold Ribbon (C30) on top, also adhering that with the Power Tape. I finished the card with a die cut word (Lil' Inkers Designs Joy Word Die) adhered with E-Z Dots onto a white panel. The panel itself was affixed to the card with Scrapbook Adhesives' foam squares.


My second card is sleek and contemporary, and so easy to put together! I die cut the word from a white card base and stamped the sentiment (from Lil' Inker Designs Jolly & Joyful Sentiments). Then I adhered a 4.25" length of the amazing May Arts 1.5" Silver Metallic Ribbon (464-15-31) to a panel with Scrapbook Adhesives' Crafty Power Tape and then affixed the panel with the Tape on the underside of the card front.


Please stop by the other designer's blogs today, and check out the May Arts Blog through the rest of the week to for more inspiration. In case you missed it, here was yesterday's line up:
--> Virginia
Shellye
Latrice

And here's today's line-up:
Lalo
Me!

**Today is also Jen's Birthday, a fellow Ribbonista! (You can see her project tomorrow!) So I'd like to take a quick minute to wish her the very happiest of birthdays...**

22 comments:

  1. I really like how sophisticated and chic your cards look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautifully elegant card Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Using the white card stock shows off your gorgeous ribbon and yes I agree you need the right adhesive with ribbon. Both cards are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty cards Karen. Especially love the first one with the folded ribbons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. truly wonderful showcasing of the ribbon....... love the majestic design

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very regal! Love how you did the ribbons! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So simple but so elegant. Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow I love the simple elegance of these. Gorgeous use of ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my these cards are such simple elegance the ribbon is just so beautiful and gives both cards such a look of richness thank you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work.
    I do like the
    cut out on the
    second card.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very elegant and classy.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You ROCK! These cards are spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the CAS cards. They are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Classy and elegant cards! Loving the style too much! Hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very elegant with the ribbon you used.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards! I really love the rich colors against the white background on the first card and the metallic against the white on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Both cards are really pretty! I like their simple elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful cards! My favorite is the JOY! :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Goregous colors of ribbon. Love it. I also like the peek-a-boo of ribbon behind your cut out- very nice effect.

    ReplyDelete