Sunday, February 28, 2021

Cannot Resist the Stack

I simply cannot resist staking the animal stamps from MFT. I absolutely love how splatters can add just interest to a card. I asked my oldest to randomly pick a set from my MFT bin, he closed his eyes and pointed to the retired Lucky Dog Stamp Set. I then set to work to create a card with the MFT Color Challenge 160.


I colored the dogs in kraft and milk chocolate colors, fussy cut them and added them to a card base that had been ink blended and splattered with a teal blue background on the top two thirds of the card. I also added a die cut sentiment form the retired Friend Die-Namic (similar to this one).


I coated the letters with Glossy Accents before adhering to the card, and to tie the glossy accents together, I also coated the noses of the dogs with it. I finished the card with a stamped sentiment from Lucky Dog as well. I am not at all patient when it comes to applying or waiting for Glossy Accents to dry, so I have a few bubbles. I chalk it up to adding character.


2 comments: