Sunday, February 7, 2021

Carnations


I've been struggling a bit with creativity lately, perhaps it is the long winter days? The cold weather just making me want to curl up in a blanket? Tough time at work? This weekend, with the help of a dear crafty friend that challenged me to create something with the Altenew's February 2021 Inspiration Challenge in mind, I created a card!


I do not have many tropical stamps in my stash, so I was inspired more by the colors from the photo...so happy and bright! I started with a yellow card base, then stamped the Paint-A-Flower: Carnations Outline Stamp Set in a dark green ink. I colored them in with Prismacolor Pencils.


I then splattered some white paint and finished the card with a strip of green and white cardstock, stamping a sentiment from the versatile Sentiment Strips Stamp Set.





 

2 comments:

  1. Your carnations are gorgeous, Karin, this is a fantastic card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your colouring is amazing Karen, love how you coloured the background bright yellow!

    ReplyDelete