Monday, June 13, 2016

Beautiful Day


So happy that I had some buds on my peony bush this year, as I received some of my grandmother's bush a couple of years back. Slow start to them, but I guess it takes awhile for them to be established in a new home.


I saw the challenge colors at The Heart Desires and really wanted to stamp the flowers from Altenew's Beautiful Day in two orange tones, I am not sure if these blooms are supposed to be orange? I then stamped leaves in a navy blue ink, and I know that there aren't any of those in real life. That is the nice thing about crafting, you can create what fancies you.


To add a bit more interest to the card, I covered the leaves with some sparkle. Although I feel as though the sentiment is in an awkward location, I hemmed and hawed over the design of the card long enough and called it good. Sometimes one just has to move on, right?

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful design Karen, I think the orange blooms are fabulous. I agree that is the beauty of crating, what you want goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFULLY stamped, Karen! I love the composition and overall design! Simply FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blue + Orange = ♡
    Thanks for joining us at The Heart Desires!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Karen, the orange and blue look fabulous together (and if I can make pink pineapples you can certainly make blue leaves lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dark Navy and the Orange = bliss! I am loving this !! Thank you so much for joining us and sharing your creativity at Heart Desires!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the navy outlines paired with your orange flowers! So pretty, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sigh, this is beautiful and so so pretty, not to name so classy. I totally and utterly adore this stamp set by Altenew and you have added such style to this card. Well done hugs Missy Pink xx
    www.simplybypink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pure elegance, the added shimmer to the leaves is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card Karen and elegant too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome contrast between the leaf outlines and the unoutlined flowers. So pretty! (And I think the sentiment is just fine where it is.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad you didn't hem and haw too long--your card is a beauty just as it is! Thanks for joining us at The Heart Desires!

    Toni

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great use of color, this is a beauty! Thanks for playing at THD!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great use of color, this is a beauty! Thanks for playing at THD!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful! Thanks for joining us at THD!

    ReplyDelete