Monday, June 20, 2016

Pastel Gnomes


I'm back again with the fourth challenge for  My Favorite Things Stamps Camp Create. Today's card features the partial die-cutting technique for the Delightful Die-Cutting Challenge. I really, really enjoyed making my cards for this challenge and how cute and simple they turned out (probably because I was stretched for time and didn't think too much about how the end result would look)!




I started this card by utilizing the partial die-cutting technique on the yellow panel. Then I die cut two rows of grass from the Fresh Cut Dienamics Die and die cut a cloud panel using Lil' Inker Designs Border Builders Die Set. All the edges were slightly inked with a coordinating color (for the white I used a light gray). I adhered a piece of light blue cardstock onto a white card base, then the white cloud panel, the yellow "sun" panel, and finished with two rows of grass.


I then stamped, colored and fussy cut a cute little gnome from You Gnome Me  and he was attached to the card between the two grass layers. I stamped a sentiment from Adorable Elephants onto a white strip of cardstock and adhered that to the card to finish it off.


6 comments:

  1. Perfect for Camp Create Karen. I think the gnome stamps are so cute especially holding a pot of flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something about this card that just wants to make me SMILE!! The colors are so lovely! Thanks for sharing, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that little gnome is too cute!! LOVE your design Karen, this is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the die cutting on this, and that little gnome always makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job with this challenge and your little gnome is darling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a big fan of gnomes but I cannot deny that this guy is pretty darn cute!

    ReplyDelete