Saturday, September 19, 2020

2020 MFT Superstar Coloring Virtuoso


Hay, Girl! Hay!
Always loved this sentiment, and I decided to bring the llamas from from MFT's retired Llama Love stamp set to life, complete with their own desert landscape and setting sun sky.
This is my entry for MFT's 2020 Card Design Superstar Coloring Virtuoso category.



I started by masking and stamping the scene with brown ink. I laid a foundation of color with watercolors and Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers. I then added additional dimension with Copics and a white and black marker. The sky and mountains were free-handed with watercolor as well. I finished the card by stamping a sentiment from Llama Love and bordering the edge of the card from a retired patterned paper pack, Happy Trails.

The Superstar Challenge is always so much fun and really makes me think outside the box and stretch my MFT products!


2 comments: