Sunday, December 27, 2020

Altenew Year in Review Challenge 2020


I appreciate all forms of coloring mediums, and always strive to learn more and improve. The most difficult thing for me nowadays to use colors that I don't usually gravitate towards. The Altenew Inspiration Challenge Year in Review 2020 gave me the push to use such colors!


My first card is based off the colors in the February Challenge: Dark Green, Yellow and Linen. I started with a linen card base and then stamped a few arrangements from Altenew's Just Because Stamp Set in dark green ink. I colored the images in with PrismaColor Colored Pencils. 


I flanked the floral arrangements with two strips of solid color, and added some white splatters. I finished the card with a die cut sentiment from Majestic Blooms and a stamped sentiment from the Many Thanks Stamp Set.


My next card was based off the inspiration from January. I was drawn to the complimentary colors. I used Build a Flower: Rose along with some berries from Peony Bouquet.


I added the florals and greenery to a white card base that had been embossed with an old Papertrey Ink Embossing Folder. To finish the card, I added some clear sequins and a white heat embossed sentiment from the Many Thanks Stamp Set.


Hopefully I can get some more time to play today with some more of these awesome inspiration photos! Even though 2020 didn't go as I had pictured, I'm still grateful for the crafty time!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Karen!!! These are absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards Karen, LOVE the second one!

    ReplyDelete