The sun was just setting, giving each of the balloons a slight glow. Simultaneously the captains lit their fires, spots of intense orange and blue dotting the horizon under the colorful array of the fabrics. One by one they released their strings and up, up, up they went. Each and every hot air balloon, each and every spectator was there at the ralley for a purpose, to support the local children's hospital. What an amazing site.
The colors for the latest Off the Wall Craftiness are absolutely beautiful, right? Although I wanted to do something frilly and girly as the images in the inspiration refer too, I was in much need of some masculine cards for my grandma's gift. I used a sketch from challenge at Practicing Creativity Designs. The balloon has been covered in glossy accents for added interest and dimension.
A while back during the midst of the Papercraft's Gallery Idol Competition, I was given a blog award by the very talented Jess from Playing With Paper. Part of the award asks you to list 10 things about yourself (I'm sharing random crafty things), so here goes!
1. I craft in a closet. A small closet.
2. Ikea is my favorite place to shop for crafty goods, and inspiration. Good thing the closest location is 4 hours away.
3. I love it when my boys want to stamp or scrapbook with me. I've learned, though, to have them wash their hands before starting.
4. Bridge Mix is my scrapbooking indulgence. Especially bags with not many chocolate covered raisins.
5. My boys find it entertaining to pick up buttons, scraps etc. on the floor. I let them believe it's fun.
6. Staying up way too late doing crafty things isn't the best habit to acquire, even though I enjoy it.
7. Baker's twine is the best string, and not just because of the name.
8. Rarely do I send out cards that I make...trying to figure out why that is.
9. I read your posts, and like it when they make me chuckle, think or offer great advice.
10. Almost every one of my cards have a story behind them, really.
The second part of the award asks you to pass it on to ten people. I'm going to break the rules (sorry Jess!) as I can't list just ten people, so anyone that wants to play, let me know-I'd love to read ten things about you (great movie by the way!)
Supplies Used: Cardstock: (White) Georgia Pacific (Teal) Recollections Patterned Paper: (Salsa Chunky Stripe from Essentials Paperz) Junkitz Stamps: (Rays from You're Dandy) (Balloon from Look Up!) Practicing Creativity Designs Ink: (Taken with Teal) Stampin Up (Onyx Black) Versafine Other: (Sticker Sentiment) SRM Stickers (Silver Rhinestones) Michaels