Tuesday, December 16, 2014

May Arts:: Unique Christmas Gift Wrap







I grabbed a few rolls of ribbon in my stash that looked like Holiday Ribbon and laid them out on the table for my boys to choose which ones they liked. Of course, they they chose the unconventional wrapping trim: May Arts Wired Gold Metallic Ribbon (KS30) and Wired Gold Pearls (FY30)! Now, I had to create some perfectly unique gift wrapping ideas with those skinny ribbons for the May Arts Unique Gift Wrapping Ideas Blog Hop! I hope that I fufilled the challenge, as it was so much fun to come up with different ideas using just one or two ribbons.

My first idea (above) showcases a cosmic twist...I made a simple bow with the wired metallic and then added in a few loops of the wired gold pearls. I love how the wire lets me transform the bow into how poofy or small I'd like, and in this case, I went for poof!


The second idea is to write the name of your recipient with the gold wire (thanks to my sister Heather for the idea-she did this with regular wire a few years back!)! So simple and easy to do with the KS30, as it is nice and thin, but the wire is really strong! I attached it behind a ribbon tag made of moss satin scalloped edge ribbon (EN16).


Lastly, I decided to showcase a bit of quirkiness. I made a pom-pom out of the gold metallic wire and attached it over a few loose loops of the same wire. Fun!

Of course, as with any May Arts Ribbon Hop, there are prizes up for grabs by commenting! Two amazing prize packs: Your choice of 1 roll of Christmas ribbon (including the new releases!) and one of the new Artful Accents.

Here's the line up, and complete details can be found over on the May Arts Blog:

Monday

Tuesday

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful wrapping ideas, Karen! I especially love the first one---so stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun wrapping ideas! I love the idea of writing out the names.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the gold ribbon pom pom on the first package!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your fun and festive bows!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your bows, especially the first one. They are all so unique and interesting. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you used your boys' choices and made such elegant wrapping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. these remind me of Christmas at my grandma's house when we were little, She always had pretty and immaculate decorations on the presents. these are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so fun and pretty! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very unique indeed, they are very nice. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. UNIQUE & FABULOUS gift wrapping Karen!!!
    Your sons made great choices and you added the perfect touch of creativity :)
    ALL 3 ideas are great, LOVE the wire pom pom, the wire name against the satin ribbon is great too and last, but definitely not least, is my favorite, the COOL cosmic wired loops with the pearls - they're AWESOME!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing your unique gift wrapping ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful packaging! I love it. Its the other part of the gift that shows the recipient that you care! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet and pretty ideas! Happy New Year Karen! Hugs...x

    ReplyDelete