Thursday, October 8, 2015

LID:: October 2015 Release:: Day 2


Welcome back to the second day of the Lil' Inker Designs October Release! As usual, we have a fabulous hop for you featuring innovative stamps and dies! You should have arrived from Sarah Jay's Blog!

I went clean and simple again with my first card, but honestly, this Oh Deer Stamp Set is so amazing I wanted to let it shine! I die cut a square from Stitched Mats: Dual Stitched Squares and stamped and colored the deer with colored pencils. I then added the stamped sentiment. I finished the card with another mat in red cardstock cut from Stitched Mats: Dual Stitched Squares and adhered the finished artwork to a kraft cardstock base.



My second card today features a really neat and innovative holiday die set being released this month: Christmas Word Tag Die Trio, but I chose to feature it in an un-holiday fashion. I love getting multiple uses out of one die set, and this really fits the bill! (Think of using the HOPE word for Cancer cards, or the JOY word on baby cards!) I started by adhering a die cut sunburst from our Wrapper's Delight: Sunburst Die and then die cut the word WISH from the Christmas Word Tag Die Trio. Before adhering it to the built in sentiment panel on the Wrapper's Delight: Sunburst Die, I trimmed off the little loop tag. I die cut a pole from silver with the Sentiment Flag Additions Set and a banner from the Original Sentiment Flag Die which had stamped with a sentiment from the Quick Notes Stamp Set.


My third project today features an unbelievably cute Santa made from the new Make A Santa Die Cut Bundle.


This Make A Santa Die Cut Bundle was designed to coordinate with the Triangle Treat Holder Die (which is so cute in itself!) but I fashioned a Santa face onto the Stitched Gift & Note Card Holder Die for a little something different. It was so easy and simple to assemble! I finished the gift card holder with a cute coordinating sentiment from the Make A Santa Die Cut Bundle.


Your next stop today is the Chrissy Larson's Blog!

Don't forget to comment along the hops, as there are three $15 gift certificates up for grabs to the Lil' Inker Designs Store!

27 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL cards and SWEET treat Karen!!!
    What a FUN Santa :)
    LOVE your sunburst wish card, AWESOME design and WONDERFUL way to stretch-our-stash!!!
    LOVE your DEAR deer too, an ELEGANT card with BEAUTIFUL colours & colouring - LOVE IT ALL!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVE INSPIRATION ... and CRAFTY TEMPTATION!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic and inspiring projects! I esp. love that sweet Santa on the package. So stinkin cute! tfs and inspiring! Hugs, Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun way to use the santa. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the deer card. It is so restful and the colors are muted.
    Santa is darling.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute! I love how you used the Santa with the gift card holder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute love your projects especially your oh deer card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Santa bag!
    The birthday wish
    card is so pretty.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the patterned paper and white sunburst!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love them all Karen and that little Santa is SO SWEET!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Santa bag and the deer on kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This Oh Deer Stamp Set is so cute! I love the card you created with it too!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just cant get over how stinkin cute that Santa is and on your craft paper gift holder he just jumps off the page, The sun burst card is just amazing it could be used for so many touching cards. The way you colored your Reindeer card is so special. Again on the craft background the soft way you colored him in makes him pop! I love your style you are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Deer is magnificent!!! My favorite one yet!! Your Birthday card is sure to bring sunshiney thoughts into the recipients head and I love the Santa bag!!! So cute! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I especially love the deer stamp! Beautiful card designs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic projects! Love that treat box :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous projects, Karen!!! I love how you used the Santa on the gift and notecard holder!!! And that card with the deer image----so rustic and magical! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I love what you did here with the Oh Deer!!! I love him stamped on Kraft paper and colored. It gives it such a rustic feel. Wonderful!!!! What the FLAG and the WISH!!! WOWWWWW!!! What a great idea!!! Love your Santa gift card holder as well. Great idea to add to the front to dress this up for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful projects. I like how you colored the deer on kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the card holder with Santa face.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful projects! Love the Santa face. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm gonna have to have this deer, he is my favorite from the new collection. Love the kraft paper with him.

    ReplyDelete