Tuesday, June 14, 2016

A Leafy Owl


"They are leaves. No, they are feathers. No, wait, what are they?" This was me, thinking about what the small stamps in My Favorite Things Forest Friends Stamp Set were-the two that are shaped like leaves, no feathers, leaves, feathers...

I wanted to use the stamps included in this set that haven't seen any ink yet for Anna's CASometry Challenge 2: Make Five: Stage 4. I decided to capitalize on my indecision and arranged the leaf/feather stamps in a circular arrangement, and then colored them in from a gradient of yellow, green and blue.


I then stamped an owl onto a die cut circle panel and then colored him with a blue/purple gradient. I mounted the panel over the leaves with foam adhesive and then onto a blue card base. I finished the card with a black cardstock, white heat embossed sentiment from Birthday Bears.

This has been a fun challenge, I'm already thinking of the fifth card I can make with this stamp set!

10 comments:

  1. Great stamping and such a fun card Karen, love your leaves / feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Karen your stamping is exceptional!! This is CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I love the arrangement and color of your feather/leaves! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Karen! This is the perfect circle of feathers (well, now I see them as feathers too lol!), looks absolutely great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the vibrant colors and the wreath you've made!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a bright and beautiful card!)) The owl is very cute!))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whether they're feathers or leaves they look gorgeous here! Such a fun design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you framed the owl, a unique and eye catching design to be sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I saw this in the gallery, doesn't matter what they are, they look stunning, really beautiful card. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a bright and beautiful card!I like it!

    ReplyDelete