Sunday, April 23, 2017

Speckled Blooms

There is an old nursery rhyme that begins as such: "Of speckled eggs the birdie sings and nests among the trees; The sailor sings of ropes and things in ships upon the seas..."


I am playing along with one of my favorite challenges, the Altenew Inspiration Challenge with their beautiful color scheme, and while creating this card I kept thinking of speckled bird eggs.

I'm  not really sure why I white heat embossed the blooms from Altenew's Beautiful Day and Remember This knowing that I wanted white flowers with yellow centers, but it was too late to turn back after watercoloring in a blue background and the green leaves. I finished the card with a sentiment from Painted Greetings, a black and white washi border and black Nuvo Drops.

10 comments:

  1. You know I love that stripe of washi! The perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is spectacular Karen!! The the strip of black and white stripes really makes the black flower centers pop! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. I love the black accents. You did a wonderful job. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful.. Love the flowers and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beauty, Karen! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card Karen...the splatters add such texture and beauty.
    TFS,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete