Monday, November 2, 2009

Anoher Better Late Than Never


I have to admit that I didn't really know what a phoenix was until I read about them in Harry Potter, but now I'm drawn to their symbolism and magical power... Although Brocade Basics the stamp set isn't exactly a phoenix, I thought the shapes of the leaves in the stamp set and the tails of the bird were quite similar. I tried to replicate the colors by stamping in versamark and then using a mixture of the golds, yellows and oranges in the chalk. To add elegance to the card, I brought in some gold brads and gold cord. The sentiment is from SU's Chit Chat rub-ons. I've had them for quite a while and used a lot of them, but it still seems that there are a lot left! I started this card on Saturday night and didn't finish it until Sunday, some times I just have to take a break and eventually it will come out decent. My inspiration piece from the Franz Porcelain site is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment