Saturday, April 14, 2012

Make Them Laugh


Our service men and women work hard, long hours to keep me and my family safe so the least I could do is create a little card that would put a smile on their face and might, just might make them laugh out loud.

Operation Write Home is at it again, bringing encouragement to the the troops! They are having a blog hop this weekend, with the the theme of Make Them Laugh!

I'm proud to be a part of the May Arts Design Team, a company that supports our country and celebrates our nation’s deployed heroes through Operation Write Home! Although this card was featured over on The May Art's Blog, one of the stops and sponsors along the hop, I wanted to show it here today and spread the word about the hop.

To make the grass I sewed three lengths of the beautiful May Arts solid, wrinkled chartreuse silk ribbon (EA06) to the card base along the bottom edge of the ribbon. I then snipped some fringes and separated the layers with my fingers. I love this stamp set from Skipping Stones Design too, Dogs Volume #1, its got a lot of humorous sentiments!

30 comments:

  1. Love the sentiment...certainly will made me laugh! I'm sure this will be very appreciated Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - what a great card for our troops!!

    I'm so happy I have this SSD set :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful way to support your troops and I am sure your card will be happily received, it is brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you made the "grass" from ribbon, Karen. This is such a fun sentiment, too! Your sponging looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card for such a worthy cause!! I really love what you've done with the ribbon. Too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. L OOOOOO L on that sentiment, hilarious stuff!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome card...love that fun sentiment...Happy Saturday..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty Karen. The grass looks great. Great program to support!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great way to make grass.... one of these days I'll bow to your suggestion and buy a sewing machine... and then I'll have to go back through all these posts and figure out which idea to do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok this is a HOOT!!! As a mommy of a little furry guy who loves all mentioned in the sentiment it gave me a giggle. And I have to mention the "cone of shame" in the stamp set...hilarious!! Fun card Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's awesome! :) Love what you did with the grass to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How fun! I love how you sponged blue around the fire hydrant and the ribbon grass looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This made me laugh. Awesome card Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL!!! I love the sentiment!!! made me laugh! Fabulous card indeed Karen...Hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is one to make 'em laugh for sure!!! :D Excellent grass too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hilarious!
    I love the way you did the grass. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What great watercoloring and fun sentiment :>)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous grass! I love when a card is very touchable, as well as fun to look at. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm still smiling after seeing your fun card. It's sure to bring a giggle to the recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a creative way to make the grass! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. fabulous ribbon grass idea and really cool card for the wonderful hop! really like how you created the shadow for the image.

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE your card, I missed this post but is funny that just last night I was going through my cards and was setting some aside to send over to Operation Write home...it really touched my heart when I heard about for the first time last year. I am happy to send more cards again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this set of stamps Karen and it'll do just the job of bringing laughter to the recipient...such a great cause :0)
    Jenny x
    P.S this sentiment was written for our dog, I'm sure :0)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Heehee... It does make one chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is a great stamp set and I love your card. The ribbon looks so cool and I love the blue around the hydrant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ha ha ha - so fun! What a great card! I love the grass you created.

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOVE LOVE LOVE YOUR WORK! I WILL BE FOLLOWING YOU FOR MORE GREAT IDEAS!

    ReplyDelete