Monday, November 18, 2013

LID:: November Release Day 2

**Please scroll down for my The Craft's Meow and Perfect Paper Crafting Blog Hop Post**


Welcome to the second day of the Lil' Inker Designs November Release Blog Hop! If you are following the hop, you should have arrived from Jen's Blog, but a complete list is available on the Lil' Inker Designs Blog.

I've always admired how Lil' Inker Designs flawlessly creates products that work so well with each other release after release. My cards today both feature previously released products as well as the new releases.

So the above card uses Rain Boy, all colored up and distressed! He was adhered to the card base that has the amazing Cover Plate Die, Swirls on it. It reminded me of splashes and puddles, so I thought these two products went really well together! I added the sentiment right down on the bottom, to let the swirls and the little boy take center stage, but highlighted it with a tab from May Arts Chevron Twill Stripes in Yellow.





I had my nephews in mind when I made the first card, and this card too! This bright birthday card features the new Stitched Ovals Die, as well as other previously released favorites such as the Balloon Dies, the Original Sentiment Banner Die,  Balloon String Die and the sentiment comes from the Sun Sentiments Stamp Set.
 


Ok, so I hope you are as excited as I am for this release! I'll send you on your way to Sarah's Blog for more inspiration. There is a one $10 store credit winner for each day of the release hop and the winner will be picked from a secret prize blog, so remember to comment along the way!


31 comments:

  1. I love your cards. Too Cute! The colors, the dies. Amazing! tfs Patricia B

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOUS cards Karen - LOVE how you paired the die cut pattern with the Lil Inkers little boy & his umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you are combining the old with the new. This cover up die does look like rain drops...I love how you used it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic cards Karen! Loving all the new releases. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two adorable cards Karen. You are rocking your new goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The coverplate looks really beautiful with the matted image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very sweet cards...love the use of these new dies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both cute boy cards. They are sometimes hard to make so I love these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love to visit your blog, I'm ALWAYS inspired by your work! These are fabulous Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable cards. I like the texture on the first and the bright colors on the second.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh that little boy card has stolen my heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing these wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the textures from the embossing folder. Really adds a lot of character to a card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous cards! Love that cover-up plate with your little guy in the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The swirls just took on a whole new look. How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the subtle use of the swirls on the first card, and the gorgeous, bold colors on the second!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty X two! You've showcased the new release fabulously once again!
    c

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both cards are beautiful and great colors... hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your mix of the old and the new! You made me want to have everything! LOL! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG!! LOVING your 1st card so much Karen!! Such a neat design!! Thanks for aharing these were both amazing!! Have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMGosh I love the rain boy and the cute design, the other card is so fabulous for birthdays or any day is a good day for balloons. Great designs.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy and cheerful. Nice design!
    <3 J

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both so cute Karen, Ii love how you made the swirls look like raindrops--brilliant! Love the festive balloons with the oval behind too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh I LOVE both of your cards. TFS.
    Crafty hugs,
    D~
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow both cards are wonderful thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Two really super fun cards here, Karen! I love the use of the Swirls and Rain Boy together! Perfect combo!
    Also seeing balloons makes me smile. The layout it great!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Both cards are so pretty! I love how you combine the old and new so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sweet little cards, making great use of your LID goodies! Love the swirls backing the puddle image, and the birthday balloons are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Outrageously stunning! That background die is incredible. I'm adding it to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete