Thursday, January 21, 2016

A Fox Sitting


Foxes are plentiful in Wisconsin and I've had the joy of seeing the beautiful creatures in their natural habitat, however I don't think I've ever seen one sitting!



 
I started by free watercoloring a muted background of oranges and yellows onto a white piece of cardstock. After letting it dry, I stamped the cute fox from Lawn Fawn's Into the Woods and then after a bit of masking, the log from Critters in the Forest. I then watercolored each, the fox with heavy pigment, the log with light pigment, and then stamped a sentiment from Critters in the Forest. I embossed my card base with Lil' Inkers Designs' Cover Up Die: Stitched Woodgrain and then attached a strip of orange pinked paper and some moss fabric tape and the main image. I finished the card with a wrapped bow of May Arts Natural Burlap String.


14 comments:

  1. So fun to see your crafty inspiration go wild (I get your email feeds, so sorry for the slacking commenting, by I spy!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. this little fox just makes me happy.. such a sweet card.. i love it

    ReplyDelete
  3. PERFECT inking, Karen! I love the depth and colors!! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Create with Critters” Challenge! So glad that you play the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awwwwww....this is darling!
    I saw a fox for the first time when we were in MT. That was pretty exciting...they're so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just adorable! the watercoloring is GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable fox card, Karen!!! And now that I think about it...I've never seen a fox sitting here in CO either---always running or hunting! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sitting fox may be rare, but he is so darn cute, it's yet another fabulous card Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute. You are the master at creating sweet little scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen I love your watercoloured fox sitting on the log and that awesome stitched background!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is BEAUTIFUL! i love the watercolor you added behind the fox! SO COOL! and just mesmerizing! awesome card! Thank you so much for playing along with the Lawnscaping Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The fox is adorable and I love the texture and patterns on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful card! I love all the textures on your papers and from your watercoloring :) thank you for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. As soon as I go back to work I get so behind on checking in on everyone and also you've been creating like crazy!!! Love this sweet little fox and your gorgeous watercoloring. I also love how there are so many little details (embossed background, twine, fabric tape, pinked edge) but it still feels lovely and simple. Also, I am jealous because I've never seen a fox and would love too. :)

    ReplyDelete