Sunday, January 24, 2016

Woodgrain Neutral


The making of masculine cards is tough, isn't it? However, sometimes those guys need a card too, therefore I took on the inspiration picture at Fusion Challenge to create a masculine card.


I was also inspired by the Wplus9's Throwback Thursday Challenge #11, as it seems that I don't have many current stamps with the exception of one company's products.


I chose to CASE the layout of Maureen's second card with the help of Wplus9's Folk Art Florals Dies cut in navy and cream patterned paper and solid vanilla cardstock. I adhered these leaves to a patterned paper woodgrain piece of paper and wrapped with some May Arts Natural Burlap String.

Still working on cleaning the crafty area...still getting distracted with products I find (like the woodgrain patterned paper!)

12 comments:

  1. Oh those leaf dies are some of my all time favorites (just used them on my card on Thursday). Love, love, love the mix of those soft patterns. Thanks so much for playing with us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome masculine design! Those are always a challenge for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is stunning..totally love it..

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Karen! You should link it up to this week's CAS(E) This Sketch...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen what a gorgeous card, love that background and those leafy dies are extraordinary!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the touch of blue with the wood grain, and the addition of the twine gives this card such a wonderful organic feel!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your color and pattern choices! This is a spectacular card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This woodgrain background with the mixed die cuts is totally awesome Karen, perfectly proportioned and designed as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That woodgrain paper is fabulous and so perfectly paired with the die-cut leaves and burlap string! What a great find in your craft room!!! I'm still working on my studio clean-up too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the papers you used for the leaves here, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  11. FABulous textures and patterns Karen! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it! The pattern papers are just perfect with the leaf dies, great textures too!

    ReplyDelete