Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Primary Blooms


I cannot wait for spring, when the first of my perennial stalks pop out from the leftover snow and start to grow!


Playing along again with the Papertrey Ink Anniversary: Create Along With Us festivities, I was inspired by Lizzie Jone's card.

Due to my limited number of stamps, I used the flowers from In Bloom again. I colored them boldly with pink, blue and yellow, after stamping them in stark black. The panel was raised and adhered to a chartreuse card base that was stamped with the leaves from the set. The sentiment is from a retired set, Botanical Silhouettes.


I had colored these for Kathy's 30 Day Color Challenge, I have colored every day so far! I used her tip to marker the edges of fussy cut paper in the stamped color so you don't get any distracting white edges showing through.

(I started up with Instragram too, if you'd like to follow me, that'd be kinda neat! I have a link on my sidebar!)

11 comments:

  1. lovely coloring.. i love all those flowers.. gorgeous card

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! You have brought Spring to my corner...I am tied of winter, too. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful take on Lizzy's card. Love those gorgeous blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful take on the inspiration card! Really love that cut-away, stamped panel and your bold, bright, happy, color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your coloring Karen!
    Beautiful card!!
    TFS~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, Karen, LOVE these colors together, so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooohhh....pretty! Love how you were inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So good to see you active in blogland again, Karen! I'm right there with you on the limited number of PTI stamps - love your cards using this set! I, too, can't wait for spring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card, your colouring is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty- love how you were inspired and great tip about the inked edges.... It's been quite warm here already- I noticed my hydrangea has already begun to bud out- when they are this far along this early the odds of losing the blooms to a freeze make me want to take out all the big leaf varieties I have!

    ReplyDelete