Saturday, March 19, 2016

First Day of Spring!


I'm so excited for the first day of Spring! I am awaiting for the ground to dry slightly so I can determine what the weeds vs. the flowers and plants are that are peeking through the ground.


I'm playing along with the Papertrey Ink Create Along with Us: March 2016. I chose to recreate Laurie's clean, simple and stunning creation.


I inked a card base lightly with blue, then added stamped, die cut blooms and leaves from Lovely Layers. The sentiment is from Botanical Silhouettes. I added some black pearls and adhered to decorated white panel on a white cardbase.

This is Laurie's creation that inspired me:

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the fabulous CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your card is so pretty! Great job on your take of the inspiration card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic take on the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous card! I loved Laurie's card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL inspired card!! Love the inking and use of images! Yup, Spring is here....but it sure is still cold here :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you used your Lovely Layers! I had to go look up the stamp set because I didn't even recognize it. Beautiful card with your delicate background color and strong black accents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW your card is gorgeous.. those flowers are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  8. That means that we are now heading into Winter... sigh. But I really shouldn't complain, I live in the subtropics, so it's not a 'real' Winter here anyway. Love your sweet Spring flower bouquet, yet another fabulous design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your delightful card could not be sweeter! I really love that blue touch of color behind your flowers.

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your colorful posies are just beautiful, Karen!
    Love the shadowing~I never remember to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the black accents on your colorful floral arrangement and your ink blended backdrop, Karen. Great job based on Laurie's card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful re-creation of Laurie's card! Love the bright colors and the soft background...definitely a Spring feeling card!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love, love those colors Karen. A beautiful CASE of Laurie's card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely flowers and the ink blending behind them makes them really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for spring! So colorful and gorgeous, and I love that field of soft aqua!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty colors Karen, this is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete