Friday, September 22, 2017

Acorn and Hugs


The recesses during grade school in the fall were spent collecting acorns from a big oak tree in the corner of the playground. My friends and I had oodles of them. We'd pop some open, we'd take the caps off some, we'd make designs. All sorts of fun, I guess!

I'm playing along with the Little Tangles Challenge 84: Inside of Card/Matching Envelope. For the front of my card, I stamped and colored with pencils last year's Neat & Tangled and Simon Says Stamp collaboration, Nuts About You.  I used the banner in Big Top Birthday to make a plaid design as an accent for the side of the card. I tied the cap of the acorn with some twine and then added some Nuvo Drops. The sentiment is from Better Together.


I chose to decorate the inside the card, adding small strips of the brown cardstock and custom plaid paper from the outside, as well as an envelope from Nuts About You and a sentiment from Better Together.


5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Karen, could this be any cuter!! I love that little pair and every single detail of your design ADORABLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I love the coloring on the couple in the acorn and how you followed through on the design with the envelope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous!! Absolutely love those scrumptious autumn colors! And the strips of paper is just the perfect accent! Thank you so much for sharing your talents at the Little Tangles challenge!
    xx Ashwini, LTDT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, how many hours did we spend collecting acorns - just like squirrels I guess! These little guys are so sweet and I love your plaid!

    ReplyDelete