Sunday, October 22, 2017

Best Buds


The incredibly talented Lea Lawson is having a crafty comeback party, have you checked out her posts? I'm so happy to see her back and creating! On one of her posts she teamed up with Neat & Tangled, and asked her viewers to create a card that showcases our style. I adore clean and simple cards...looking at them, creating them, giving them away, so that is what I focused on today!
I was also inspired by the Little Tangles Challenge:  #85 Sketch.



I masked and stamped two of the sweet images from Better Together with black ink onto kraft paper. I then colored them with colored pencils and added a sentiment. To create the shape depicted in the sketch, I drew an outline with colored pencils and lightly colored that in as well. Such a simple card, but a lot of different techniques used!

5 comments:

  1. Such an awesome card, Karen! Love the color pencil coloring, and how you've made the background, just by coloring a proper rectangle there - love it! Thank you so much for joining us at the Little Tangles challenge!!
    xx Ashwini, LTDT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling Karen, what a sweet pair they are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These little cuties are coloured so perfectly Karen and I love that its on kraft too, something I don't use often enough. And the way you coloured a rectangle around them is genius!! Always so happy to see you at Little Tangles!

    ReplyDelete