Wednesday, October 18, 2017

LID:: October 2017 Release:: Day 3


Today marks the final day of the Lil' Inker Designs October 2017 Release Showcase! Once again, we have a fabulous hop for you featuring new stamps and dies. If you are following the hop, you should have arrived from the ever so talented Jessica's Blog! (Visit the Lil' Inker Design's Blog for the full link up.)



My first card reminds me of the cartoon and cartoon style I loved to watch as a kid. (Who am I kidding?? I still love to watch the oldie but goodie cartoons!) I started my card with a watercolor panel and stamped the fun, quirky frame from Season''s Greetings, and then the dog from the set. They were all colored with watercolors. I stamped again the banner with a sentiment from Season's Greetings and popped it up with dimensional adhesive. 


I created a tag for my next project, and Moody Santa finally has his trusty companion, Rowdy Reindeer! This small set is perfect for a snarky Christmas card or tag, the sentiments are a hoot! I colored Moody Santa and Rowdy Reindeer, die cut them with the coordinating Moody Santa Die Cuts and Rowdy Reindeer Die Cuts, adhered them to a tag cut from Anytime Tags Die Set with Tribal Chic Paper and finished with a sentiment from Rowdy Reindeer. A fun Christmas tag!


My final project for this release is a gift card holder. Everyone in my family likes receiving gift cards, and I like giving them, in cute packaging, of course! I die cut a holder with the previously released Stitched Gift and Note Card Holder Die, added some patterned paper to the flap, and die cut the cute Noel Word Die out of white paper and woodgrain patterned paper for the antlers. I finished with a Nuvo Drop nose and some burlap string.

Here's a look at the new release products showcased in my projects today:





 It is with pleasure that I get to send you to the talented Lisa Henke's Blog as the next stop along the hop. I hope you get a chance to visit the Lil' Inker Design Store now as all the NEW OCTOBER 2017 RELEASE products are already up at the store!!



Don't forget to leave a unique comment along the each of the stops on the hop! Laura, the amazing owner, has decided to up the ante and graciously giveaway the ENTIRE release to one lucky commenter!

37 comments:

  1. That dog always makes me smile!! Love him. And your gift card holder is perfect!! Great projects! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice background for the doggy's card! Gift card holder is very nice, and the design makes it even for male friends. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome projects! Love that sweet pup on your card! Darling tag and gift card holder too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three amazing creations!!! Great choiche of colors!!! Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love seeing "different" projects with gift card holders and tags - super duper cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the critters and the characters. Your tag is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE these Karen! Hope you had an awesome birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your cards and the super cute tag! The dog is so cute!! Awesome release!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your projects. You are right, the first card does remind me of an old cartoon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a dog person, so I love your first card! Both of your tags look great, also!

    ReplyDelete
  11. EeeeK! Karen, LOVE the tag & gift card holder. Oh my goodness, I too make and give a lot of gift cards (AND tags!) and these are way too cute! (I make over 50 gift cards for my Mom & my MIL for all of their gift giving and let me tell you, it is a challenge each year to come up with something new & different! Add to that my limited supplies like tag dies and dies for gift card holders. However, it has challenged me to be quite creative. LOL
    TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the puppy in his picture frame.
    The tag is wonderful - a great sentiment.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your gift card holder is so cute! You are so right about the Season's Greeting stamps, they also remind me of the cartoons I use to watch as a kid. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that gift card holder - that die is my favorite.
    The card is lovely and the tag, super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. super sweet projects love them all esp the gift card holder:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So adorable that hound dog face makes me laugh. Your cards are so sweet and super super cute. I love the entire release it's just amazing

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing creations! That doggie is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE the gift card holder... well done

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a great release. NOEL, so beautiful.. Love Santa and his Rowdy reindeers :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. All of these look great! Love the ideas. I really think I need the rowdy reindeer set because my mother has already told me what she wants this year. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Super cute. I just love that hound dog. Reminds me of my dad. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great tag and gift card holder

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute card and tag and love the gift card holder.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the gift card holder! It's really cute! And clever!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cute tag and love
    the gift card holder!
    The strip of paper
    looks great on it.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great card, you are right it reminds me of cartoons as a kid too, I have been trying to put my finger on what it reminded me of and THAT is it!! You can never have enough cute tags and gift card holders and these are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Super cute projects. Love the Santa and the reindeer.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the Rowdy Reindeer sentiments and love how you embellished your gift card holder. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Cartoons from back in the day really are the best. Your pooch reminds me a bit of Droopy Doo! Love how you kept the design simple and just let him be the star. Rowdy Reindeer cracks me up - glad Moody Santa has someone to gripe with! :D That Noel die with the antlers is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  30. The Santa & his happy reindeer are so cute, the colouring is great on these two, & I love the Christmas noel greeting with its little red nose so devine x

    ReplyDelete