Monday, April 23, 2018

LID:: April 2018 Release:: Day 2


Today is the second of three days of the Lil' Inker Designs April 2018 Release Showcase... Once again, we have a fabulous hop for you featuring new stamps and dies! If you are following the hop, you should have arrived from the ever so talented Jessica's Blog! (Visit the Lil' Inker Design's Blog for the full link up.)


I've got my FAVORITE project to showcase today from this release, although each and every product from this release is amazing! I really enjoy how Laura from Lil' Inker Designs really thinks about how well every item in the release coordinates together, but also can be used separately. I was so inspired by these April products, it was hard to put them down!


I created the above project with the new Spring Wreath Die Set. This set can be traditional, or modern like I've made it here. I started with a white square card base, scored lines on the front to use as a base to ground my wreath, that was die cut from black, light green and turquoise card stock from the Spring Wreath Die Set. I die cut a banner from the One Love Die Set, added a stamped sentiment from Friends Stamp Set and the word die included in the Spring Wreath Die Set.


I made another square card for this next project, and I'm pleased as a pickle on how it turned out! I started with celery green card stock and used the Dual Dotted Squares Dies to cut add detail to the edges of the card, and adhered this to a white card base. I thought it mimicked the details in the beautiful stamp I used for the focal point. I stamped Have a Nice Day in light green onto the panel, then slightly shifted the placement and stamped it with a dark green. This created a cool shadow effect. I finished the card by adding a few simple white gel pen details, placing dots in the natural areas of the stamps.

Here's a look at the new release products showcased in my two projects today:



It is with pleasure that I get to send you to the talented Kimberly Rendino, as the next stop along the hop. I hope you get a chance to visit the Lil' Inker Designs Store now as products are already up at the store!!


Don't forget to leave a unique comment along the each of the stops on the hop! You can win the ENTIRE release by leaving unique comments on each of the stops along the hop each day. 

37 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL Cards for today Karen!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yey! Spring wreath rocks! Lovely cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! The Spring Wreath die set is one of my favorites from this awesome release!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This wreath looks awesome! Love the colors you picked! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wreath looks wonderful! Great colour combination! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another wonderful pair of cards Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love how the green card turned out; so pretty! The Spring wreath set is one of my faves of the release. So many awesome possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color choices on your wreath card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty cards Karen...love especially the second one in that lovely green!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous wreath card! I really love that die.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isn't this wreath die set beautiful? You did a lovely job Karen using it. I love your square card it is so awesome. (I enjoy making square cards, they are so unexpected.) Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such pretty cards! They are both so crisp and fresh. Just like cut grass, they make you smile.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards! I love how you shadow stamped the have a nice day stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The wreath is wonderful.
    Love the layering.
    The greens on the second
    card are fantastic.
    thanks for sharing.
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, Karen!!!! Your wreath card is lovely. I really like the combo of three different colors. It totes works SO well!!! And the shadow you achieved on your green card is drool-worthy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute cards! Love the shadow effect on the green card! Wish I could master that!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards, Karen! Love the wreath & the big saying makes such a gorgeous & quick card. Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the colors on your wreath card and the shadow inking on the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your cards and the technique that you used on your second card. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful cards, love your wreath card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful cards! Love that wreath ♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for sharing your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wonderful card! I agree I love how everything in the release goes together.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Pretty card. Love how you layered the wreaths together to create a cool CAS card

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your wreaths are so simple and elegant- absolutely beautiful, and perfectly showcases how all 3 rings so neatly work together. As for the shadow technique on the nice day card- so effective for visual dimension! Love love!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love both the cards. This is a really great release!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the wreaths! Nice job on your card using those die cuts. The Have a Nice Day stamp is wonderful!1

    ReplyDelete
  28. The wreath beautifully frames the sentiment on your first card. The large sentiment on your second card is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  29. The wreath is so lovely and the big sentiment card is just gorgeous !
    [margessw(at)icloud(dot)com]

    ReplyDelete