Friday, April 6, 2018

Tropical Thanks


It's a bit odd to create a tropical themed card when there is a foot of snow outside, but at least I got to think of warmer weather while creating it! I wanted to feature these fun dies, Tropical Foliage, from Hello Bluebird, and took inspiration on the colors from the Butterfly Reflections April Mood Board.




I started with a white card base that was stamped with Brushstroke Stripes from Studio Katia with Stone Blue Catherine Pooler Ink. I then watercolored, with Catherine Pooler Inks, a piece of watercolor paper and die cut some pretty leaves and fronds from Hello Bluebird's stand alone die, Tropical Foliage. These were arranged onto the striped card front. I finished the card with a few irridescent sequins and a text block sentiment that uses Right At Home's Tiny Sentiments.



1 comment:

  1. Your water colored tropical leaves are lovely Karen! I could go for someplace warmer right now too, I'm so over all the cold!!

    ReplyDelete