Sunday, December 29, 2019

Foggy Flowers


I seem to enjoy the hustle and bustle of preparing for Christmas and Christmas Day itself, but it is ever so nice to have the week between Christmas and New Year's to unwind and relax. I created a few cards just for fun for Altenew's 2019 Year in Review Challenge


I was inspired by the beautiful, serene images and colors of December's Challenge, and attempted to recreate it on my card.


I started by stamping some beautiful flowers Garden Treasure Stamp Set and leaves from Remember This from Catherine Pooler Inks onto Bristol Smooth Cardstock, then watercolored the images in with the inks. (Sangria, Rose Petals and Coral Cabana. I also used Green Tea and Eucalyptus for the leaves, and Bellini for the small flowers). I finished the card by lightly inking the edges with Stone Blue and then flicking ink in both Stone Blue and Green Tea to create a foggy look. I mounted the panel onto a light grey card base.

I purposely wanted a sketchy look to match the mysterious fog like appearance in the inspiration photo, so I opted for double stamping. I didn't want to perfectly align my prior stamping so I offset each stamp just a bit. I love the results and it was so much fun to play!



1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness is this ever fabulous! It's so soft and lovely!

    ReplyDelete