Monday, April 13, 2020

Spellbinders Whimsical and Wild


I had the great pleasure to play with some products from the Whimsical and Wild by Jane Davenport Collection from Spellbinders! Fantastically dreamy line of stamps illustrated by the ever-so-talented artist, Jane Davenport. They are magical and a ton of fun to create with!

My first card features the Fairytale Fox Clear Stamp Set, and ironically, I chose to focus on the beautiful dancing ballerina! I love the movement in this stamp and chose to use Vintage Photo Distress Oxide Ink and Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers to make her come to life.


So easy to color loosely and freely, as this is what the image was made for! I finished the card with a fun hand drawn sentiment from the same set and bordered the image with two patterns of paper.


Doesn't the main image from the Elephant Dream Stamp Set steal the show? Such an easy way to create a clean and simple card with such an amazing image. I stamped the elephant and ballerina onto Watercolor Paper in black ink and colored in loosely with Zig Markers. I added to the card some bold floral paper and contrasting graphic strip, and finished again with a hand drawn sentiment included in the stamp set.


  I know one talented dancing girl that will enjoy receiving these cards as a special surprise to give to her friends. If you have a dancer in your life, these two sets from Spellbinders Whimsical and Wild by Jane Davenport Collection will be your go-to. The collection offers a wide variety of different themes and images, too.

Spellbinders has a great video that showcases this entire collection in detail, as offers many projects on their website too. Thanks again, Spellbinders, for letting me share projects made with this whimsically awesome collection.

1 comment: