Monday, December 7, 2009

Distressed Throwdown



So I'm home today because the little one is under the weather. He's got a cough and fever and they won't let him in daycare. But you wouldn't guess that, because I can't get him to rest for the life of me...(At least he sat still enough for the picture, poor little guy his nose is all red and his cheeks pink) Anyway, I thought I would use today to wrap some gifts and get some cards done. This card was created using the Color Throwdown #71 colors this week: olive, red, pink, and a brown or cream and the sketch from Stamping 411. I was also challenged by my friend to try out the Distress Embossing Powder. I used Old Olive ink to stamp the vine and then used the distress embossing powder in Walnut on top. This stuff is...unusual to say the least, but I went with the old time feel for my other elements. I tried to distress the rain dots by coloring underneath before adhering and the other elements are distressed with the Walnut Stain distress ink.
Here's the Goods: Cream, Red and Pink cardstock, Baroque Motifs and Best Yet SU sets, Old Olive and Cameo Coral SU Ink, Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Walnut Stain, Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powder in Walnut, Fiskars Rain Dots in Pink and Red

8 comments:

  1. This set always amazes me. I love the simple elegance of this design. Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and elegant card!!
    Heather RDH

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big flourish fan!!! This card is gorgeous!! Hope your little guy is feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty...that flourish always give an elegant touch to any card! Thanks for playing this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little is so cute!! I hope he is feeling better now!! AND your card is amazing!! I love this stamp set too!! Thanks for playing along with us this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is stunning - I love it!
    Thanks for playing along this week, hope your son is all better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your son is doing better, congrats on being in the top 5 this week. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning card!!! Love this set and also love the colours you used!

    ReplyDelete