Friday, December 11, 2009

Godspeed


When I saw the color challenge of Crushed Curry, Soft Suede and Old Olive at Pals Paper Arts I immediately thought of the military and yellow ribbon pin that my coworker wears every day in honor of her son who is based in Iraq for his second tour of duty. When my sons are old enough to make their own decisions on what to do with their life, I can't say that I will not be a nervous mother if they decide to join the military but I can say that I will be a very proud one. I respect all the soldiers who are fighting for me and my family's right to be free and I wish them godspeed this holiday season. I wanted to keep the design clean and simple (and with minimal layers) so that this can be mailed to to her son overseas with a care package full of cookies and books.

Here's the Goods: I didn't get any of the SU InColors this year, so my Crushed Curry color has been substituted with a mix of YoYo Yellow and More Mustard SU ink, and I used a rough Kraft paper and Distress Ink in Walnut Stain for the Soft Suede color. Old Olive SU Ink and VersaMark Ink, Blender Pen

2 comments:

  1. Such a meaningful card! Thanks for playing @PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu did a great job achieving the In Colors in clever ways. A lovely card and very thoughtful

    ReplyDelete