Saturday, September 22, 2012

Call Me Turtle

My boys are infatuated with this movie called Master of Disguise. It is full of children's slapstick humor, and every once in a while, I find myself chuckling as well (hmm...perhaps not after the fifteenth time of viewing it, though.) There is a scene where the gentleman disguises himself with a bald cap and a giant turtle suit, and well, it is just funny, trust me! 
I had the extreme pleasure to guest design for Market Street Stamps this month. Market Street Stamps offer some of the most amazing and unique background stamps, it is what first drew me in! I paired a couple of these background stamps with the fun, bold sentiment stamps from Great Big Greetings and a few older chipboard embellishments for my cards today. This first card uses the background stamp Vintage Notepad stamped in pink, a chipboard phone and the fun Call Me sentiment. I finished the card with some burlap string tied in a bow and a rounded corner-this card is perfect for mailing!


This next card uses the Cane background stamp also stamped in pink, a chipboard turtle and heart and the poignant I Really Miss You sentiment. I finished this card with some stitching and a rounded corner as well, another card perfect for mailing. I can tell I'm going to have a great time trying out other combinations of Market Street background stamps and the sentiments from Great Big Greetings, it will also give me a chance to use up some of the chipboard shapes or stickers I've been hoarding!

33 comments:

  1. Love these two fabulous cards...with the same layout but both bold and stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both cards Karen, but that turtle is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic cards Karen! (How fab is that cane bg). I always love your stories your boys sound hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. both are Cute and fabulous cards!!! Enjoy your weekend !!hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the backgrounds, great job on using up your stash and the distressed edges really work on these two.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen, these cards are both incredible! Love the backgrounds. I think I'd love to try that vintage notebook. Also, thanks for your visits to my blog. I appreciate your sweet comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such awesome cards love the use of the background stamps and the cute images.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both darling cards! Love the vintagey feel! (is that a word?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those cards are just too cute!! We now have two baby turtles. Mother dropped them off in our fountain is our guess,lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These cards are sooo cute! When I saw the call me card I thought of one of my favorite songs "Call Me" by Blondie. Now I am humming it in my head! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both are just adorable. Love the designs and soft backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delightful cards, Karen! Love that darling turtle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Karen, I love the use of background and you certainly have done an awesome job as a guest designer! Congrats! And I am sorry that we miss seeing each other by one week at MOA :( Have fun (without me)!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovin' both of those background stamps...I've had my eye on the cane one for awhile.

    Congrats on your MSS Guestie gig!

    ReplyDelete
  15. woohoo MSS guest designer..your awesome...these cards are so fun...I am in love with that turtle...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cards! Both of them rockin' the backgrounds too! Congrats on the guest DT gig!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. HI KAREN!! 1st thanks for all of your visits and sweet words. Blogger is being a stinker again. Do you know the last post of yours that came up in my reader was on the 15th. Ridiculous huh.

    Anyway I'm playing catch up , sorry for the lateness. This retro phone is just too fun, love your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Karen these cards are great. I adore mr. chipboard turtle! Great designs as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your cards are wonderful!! :) They both are just too cute (so is your post)!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. aww...that turtle is adorable! Sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awwww...these are soooooo sweet! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such cooley cards. Love the phone especially.

    ReplyDelete
  23. both are fantastic but i must say the little turtle is my fav :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great cards, especially the cute turtle.

    ReplyDelete
  25. super cute indeed
    I love them both Karen!
    Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I like them both very much! Your second card is adorable with the sweet turtle.

    I will have to check out the movie! I am sure my little guy will be entertained!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love those cards-especially the Vintagey look to them.
    I must give that movie a re-look sometime.
    Have fun with your new stamps, can't wait to see what you do next!

    ReplyDelete
  28. OOOOH! Love these! Congrats on your guest spot!! I'm adoring that turtle.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Saw these over on the MSS blog. You are rockin' the GD gig this month! Love how you used these background stamps. Your cards have inspired me to pull mine out and give them a little more love.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Both of these are so sweet! I love the pink background stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  31. hee... these are so cute, Karen!

    ReplyDelete