Saturday, September 15, 2012

The Street



I've never tasted the delicacies offered on Bourbon Street, walked the width of Abbey Road. Nor have I visited the stores on Fifth Avenue, or gambled on Park Place. I've never driven on Route 66 or traded on Wall Street. But I have been to Market Street...Market Street Stamps, as their September Guest Designer!


I made two one layer cards featuring the latest releases from Market Street Stamps: Hit the Mark and Great Big Greetings! I was really smitten with how well these two sets work perfectly together and are valuable arsenal for my favorite style of car making- clean and simple! 
Both cards are created using a simple white card base, inks and markers. The bold sentiments can stand alone, but when paired with the super cute and whimsical their meanings really shine. Thanks to Market Street Stamps for letting me showcase a few of their sets this month!
 
I think that the design elements laid out in Paper Craft's Card Design Handbook and on Moxie Fab World really helped me with these one layer cards. On the first card, I went for the impact of color: One gallon of black, one quart of yellow and the pint, or pop of red. I focused on the Asymmetry aspect for the second card. I wanted your eye to be drawn to the bold greeting, which is off centered. Of note: the arrows and sentiment are purposely double stamped, once in grey and then in black...a cool shadow effect.

37 comments:

  1. You are the queen of one layer cards Karen. Love both of these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are delightful! I love your one layer cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to see you over at MSS!!!! love these!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning cards!! Love them both!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, these are such great cards!! Love how you did both of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow these could not be any cuter...I love them...that little arrow is so fun and the sentiment is awesome...on the second card I soooo love that pattern...awesome cards again Karen... :)

    happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute! There both so cute but I looooove the bullseye one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh these are truly, truly fabulous! You know I love the pops of color against the white!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous cards, Karen!! Love the pops of color on both of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such pretty CAS designs Karen. Those Hit the Mark images are awesome! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great CAS card Kern, love those cute arrows!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun opening paragraph and super cool cards too :0)
    Congrats on guest designing for Market Street, I love the bold and CAS designs :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both are strikingly beautiful Karen ;-)
    Have a great w-e

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on being GT with Market Street. Both cards are just fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great cards! I was planning to pull this set out tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You'll travel wide and far in your day!!! Great one layer cards, I always find them so difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  17. congrats on your guest gig girl :)

    you rocked the one layer goodness and i am loving the shadow affect on the hello card.
    *still working on my "lessons" from that mag :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on your GD spot!! and wow! one layer cards are one of the most challenging to me and you did it beautifully! fabulous work as always, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Talk about effective movement! That hello card packs a punch! Both are gorgeous! Congrats on the GD!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are rockin' this gig Karen! I love your CAS designs and BOLD colours. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your opening paragraph setting up market street, very very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  22. yahooooooo...congrats! These scream Karen...perfectly clean & crisp!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats, Karen! Great designs, especially the double stamping on the 2nd one.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congratulations! Your cards have done them proud!

    ReplyDelete
  25. absolutely awesome CAS cards! and congrats on the guest spot gig :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats Karen!!! These cards are so YOU!!! Gorgeous!!! hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Saw these on the Market Street blog! Just perfect!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I always love your lead-ins. You are a great storyteller!
    My favorite of the two is the Hello one. Love the shadow effect. Also very collegiate looking-great for this back-to-school time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  29. WOW! You have totally rocked these CAS designs Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hey Karen! Thanks for linking this up to the Asymmetry Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hey Karen! Thanks also for linking this up to the Gallon/Quart/Pint Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun there as well! :)

    ReplyDelete