Thursday, September 27, 2012

Freckled Owl


Owls are often depicted as mentors and teachers, but I love how in Winnie the Poo, he is scatterbrained and just plain funny, but still smart. Sometimes I thinkthat is the perfect description of me!


Today is the last day of the new release Blog Hop for Lil' Inker Designs! You should have arrived from Jen Del Muro's Blog. I made a fun little card that features many Lil' Inker Designs products, to showcase how well everything goes together!


I started by coloring and fussy cutting the owl of Birthday Owl from last month's release of the 2 Cute Ink line, then I stamped him onto a folded piece of orange cardstock minus the balloons and adhered my colored owl to the card base. I then die cut some balloons from Balloons Dies and added them, as well as banners from Stitched Sentiment Flags and the regular Sentiment Flag Dies. Each of these were adhered to the card and then I wrapped it with some May Arts burlap string. I finished the card with a sentiment from You're Invited!

I think that he's so cute, and I really like the look of a colored card base with a detailed colored imae and large blocks of white shapes. I think I'll try it again, I hope you are inspired! (Note to self: Next time move the freckles more to each side of his face, so he doesn't look like he's crying...)

Your next stop is the talented Emily! And remember...there are secret prizes along the hop so leave a comment on each stop to better your chance of winning!

47 comments:

  1. This is just so cute, love that owl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card, Karen!!
    Love that owl.I want this Banner die!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he is cute!!!!
    didn't notice the crying until i read what you wrote! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Love the owl and the detail you added on your balloons, especially those stars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightful card, Karen! I love the colors, and your row of white banners is fabulous - such a fun idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG...this card is so cute and that owl....enough said!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a darling card the owl is such a sweetie! I can hardly wait for my Balloon and Stitched Pennant dies to arrive! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow... I think I will be trying (CASing) this one Karen - so adorable. Love the orange :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Eeeks - looks great with the white agains the color!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the bright bg and all the banners too, but it really is the owl that steals the show!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just adorable!!! I love that little owl! And the banners are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those balloons, and how fun to use the bright orange base.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I love this card, might have to CASE this one for a 1rst birthday going on tomorrow...and I haven't made a card yet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way too cute! Love the little row of cropped flags -- they remind me a little of a picket fence.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I absolutely LOVE this! SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sweet! Love the coloring and how the white dies almost glow!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such an cute Owl!!!! Love it!!!
    Big Hugs
    Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ha your comment about the owl crying made me laugh.. funny how great ideas sometimes flop in our own mind. But I love the owl... he looks adorable perched on the banner wire!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This stamp set is to die for, a must have. I love your white banner and balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, Karen. Utter cuteness and it seems like your readers are really loving what they see here!YAY!! Thanks so much!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute I love the banner border and the image coming out from it. Those balloons are great too. Really darling card. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stunning colour concentration, Karen! I love how you kept all the dies white.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, love it! Those white banners and balloons...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  24. All fun cards today. Love you stitched flags for your Lil 'Inkers post!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Very appealing combination, Karen, with the bold orange and the pattern of white banners. The "WOL" is very sweetly done.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very cute owl card--I like the white balloons and banners.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oooooh I love this little owl perched on the fun banner!!! CUTE ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Both of the posts have darling cards!
    Happy Birthday to all!
    Karen I look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Karen!!! I love everything about this...the colored card base is the perfect contrast and the banners, balloons and adorable owl just pop! So inspiring...

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love FUN time... this card is so cute!!! Hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  31. Absolutely adorable owl card...I love the color palette, too!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a sweet card Karen. That owl is super cute and I love the banner and balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  33. The blocks of white are way cool and let that swet owl shine!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Adorable card!! Love the unexpected white on a color background!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. He is super cute! love him on the orange base- and I didn't see tears at all- but perhaps they are tears of joy! :D
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  36. That owl is too cute! Love his little banner perch too:)

    ReplyDelete
  37. love your coloring on Mr. Owl and those banners are soooo cute! darling card!

    ReplyDelete