Sunday, July 12, 2020

Bringing the Cheer Challenge: Week 2


Thank you to everyone that joined in on the Bringing the Cheer Challenge Week One! Kelly, Amy and I are teaming together every Sunday in July to bring some holiday cheer! For Week Two, we are inviting you to create a holiday project based on the sketch in our graphic. 


To enter, upload your photo on your Instagram page and use the hashtag #bringingthecheer2020 so we can find it! We will randomly draw two participants to win $15 each to their favorite online crafty store on August 2, 2020. (Although not required, we would really appreciate it if you follow our Instagram accounts for more inspiration at @kelbertram @amypeach1978 and @kmskerve)

For my holiday card today, I used a much loved, retired Concord & 9th stamp set, Wildflowers, along with a newish set called Annuals. I stamped an arrangement onto watercolor paper and colored with watercolor paint mixed with some metallic watercolor paint. I then added some lines to the larger flowers to mimic pointsettias. I added a loose wash of blue in the background. I then added some snowflakes from a retired Catherine Pooler Designs stamp set, and a sentiment from Lil' Inker Designs. To finish the card, I ripped some patterned paper twice, adhered it to the card and tied it with some black embroidery floss.


It was fun to pull out some of my favorite sets that I haven't used in a while, just to play and have some fun! I hope that you have a chance to play along with us, and please stop by our instagram's pages!

(some links contain affiliates at no cost to you, thank you for your support!)

2 comments: