Sunday, March 18, 2012

Cherished Aunt



Photobucket


Day Two of The Craft's Meow Birthday Bash is underway! Today the showcase is all on the beautiful set called Cherished designed by Nina B. for The Craft's Meow. You can visit The Craft's Meow Blog for links to the other designers showcasing this set and while you are there, read all about the challenge that is going on~be inspired as we have by the image below:

My card features the focal image stamped in white, heat set and then colored lightly with markers. The decorative panel was adhered to a card base that had previously been stamped with some sentiments included in the set. After a touch of lace and twine (my favorite!), I added a focal sentiment.


***Did you hear, did you see? There are also some FREE digital images available if you don't have any The Craft's Meow Stamps. Like The Craft's Meow on Facebook and then click here! Guess what?! You'll have to let me know what you think of them because I designed them! Can't wait to see what you create with them!***

On a personal note, I experienced serious issues with my internet browsing system so the windows I had open to comment on your lovely creations were no longer there after my system was up and running. In short, I will make sure to catch up with your beautiful and inspiring creations the next time you post. Lesson learned to comment right away!

39 comments:

  1. Oh Karen, this has to go down as one of my top 100 cards designed by you.

    Oh and I love your two digitals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The softness of the colour palette is gorgeous Karen and I love the lace and that cool little 'paper clip' :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You interpreted that photo most magnificently in your card!! i love the homey and rustic feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty--I like the subtle coloring over white.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen, I love what you've done with the blooms! Such a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, love how you stamped the sentiment in the background...

    ReplyDelete
  7. spectacular! Oh this color palette really speaks to me and love the way you added the tag... looks like the gift tag you get when you receive flowers from the Florist. Of course it wouldn't be that pretty from the florist. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh stamping on the kraft is seriously delicious, Karen! So rustic and pretty (along with your fabulous background stamping!)
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the stamping and coloring on kraft, Karen! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karen, this is absolutely beyond beautiful. I LOVE this. It is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful Karen! Love the soft colors and you sweet lace twine trim.

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a lovely card! Love the colors in earthy tones!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful! Love how you created the background using the sentiment stamps, and then the coloring on kraft after stamping in white. really stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the use of the white for the main stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  15. THis card is BEAUTIFUL!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEKEND!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh, Karen, these muted colors are stunning. Awesome elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the soft and muted color combo! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the words on the background! A lovely subtle touch that coordinates so well!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, and the digi stamps are beautiful of course! I can't wait to use them on one of these challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card, Karen!! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This card is exquisite. There's nothing I'd change. Thanks, too, for the free digi stamps. I just subscribed and am looking forward to more of your creations. I certainly like all I've seen.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So rustic, and so gorgeous Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the aged look of your card! Super COOL! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loving the subtle colouring with the white stamping! Another beautiful card Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful interpretation of the photo! Love the soft coloring on kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  26. gorgeous!!! love the coloring on kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful card. I love the soft coloring against the kraft background.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is beautiful, Karen! I love the effect of the outline stamped in white and the soft colouring. Really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love Love your card Karen!
    Such a natural yet quite sophisticated feel about it!

    Thank you~

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a lovely take on the inspiration, and another gorgeous image!

    ReplyDelete
  31. so very soft! really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh how beautiful is the soft colouring Karen, it's so rustic and pretty....love the crocheted lace too :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm speechless, Karen. This is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  34. WOW... Karen...I love what you've done with the blooms! Such a wonderful card! hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  35. love that you stamped the image in white. beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  36. beautiful! i LOVE your coloring...crazy jealous in Canada :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. So delicate with the white and kraft combo.

    ReplyDelete