Thursday, March 29, 2012

Fly Over States


...On the plains of OklahomaWith a windshield sunset in your eyes
Like a water-color painted sky
You'll think heaven's doors have opened
You'll understand why God made those fly over states
...

The song is called "Fly Over States" and it is the new one out from Jason Aldeen. When it comes on the radio, it has me thinking of the beauty my family experiences each and every time we make the seventeen hour trip cross country to visit my parents. 




CAS-ual Friday's newest challenge is to create a clean and simple card inspired by your favorite song. The sponsor is Melanie Muenchinger, and you can read more her and the prize, as well as about challenge rules and details. Check out the inspiration from The Girl Fridays too over on the Blog! Don't forget about the current call for designers as well!


Supplies:
Cardstock: (Kraft) PTI
Patterned Paper: (Campfire Collection) October Afternoon, Grid Paper

Stamps: (Flying By) Lawn Fawn
Ink: (Rich Cocoa) Memento

29 comments:

  1. Super cute, love the airplane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! Love the paper plane...so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the paper airplane and the landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the paper airplane Karen. Awesome card...and holy moly that is a long drive to your parents!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT card. Such a cute way to use that airplane image!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely fabulous Karen! Love the colours and fun sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my goodness I love the airplane cut from grid paper! :) This card is great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I spotted you OA paper right off Karen! Perfect choice for your "song"card. Love the cute graph paper airplane too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so AMAZING....Love this Karen. have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous creation love it

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is adorable! I love the map background!

    ReplyDelete
  12. FAB card...17 hours...oy, that's a long drive. Happy Friday karen!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clever use of that patterned paper and the paper aeroplane :0)
    Would be great if you could fly on one of those!!
    have a great weekend :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a clever card! I love the paper airplane. My parents are a short 18 hour drive away, so I know exactly what you mean!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I feel this card describes me, flying by to say hi!!! I'm buried under some books and I can't get away, scrapping and blog reading has suffered so much lately!! I so apologize!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the graph paper on this card! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous and cute card!!! And looking at your card...I must get that stamps from Lawn Fawn... its really cute..TFS... hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the paper plane in this, so fun! lovely card, Karen! now, entering this design team call would be a really challenge! =) hope you have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a lovely card, Karen!! Love the Lawn Fawn stamps and the patterned paper. Great design, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so fun! Love that paper-pieced paper airplane! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. seriously LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your coloring on this and the use of the graph paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE this Karen...awesome song, awesome design :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. super fun! i want that stamp set but everyone seems to be sold out!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful song. I love the way your airplane is peeking over the border. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh I like that paper airplane... must use my one from PTI Happy Trails again...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Super cute! LOVE the paper choices and that sweet little paper airplane!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a perfect card to send to your out of state relatives. Love the grid paper and paper airplane - Great layout too! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete