Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Mother's Flowers


I’ll give you a flower, mother / I’ll give you a flower, dear.
For life is but a garden / To children of 5 years

I’ll give you a flower, mother / I’ll give you a flower, dear
For to a bride, they’re lovely / Mother, hold your tears

I’ll give you a flower, mother / I’ll give you a flower, dear
I’ll lay it in your sweet hands / For our time has disappeared

I’ll give you a flower, mother / I’ll give you a flower, dear
When I see you there at heaven / When my time’s done here
~Whitney Albright
Sometimes I forget the symbolism of a single flower or a field full of blooms... Today marks another fabulous sketch challenge at Skipping Stones Design! The sketch, designed by Angi, is open to interpretation and we'd love to see your take! Full details are over on the Skipping Stones Design blog, along with absolutely fabulous inspiration from the guest designers and design team!
I used Beautiful Botanicals again for my card, I'm just in love with this Skipping Stones Design set! I stamped lightly in both pink and green, taking a cue from colors from the current JUGS Challenge, and then went over with a marker to outline the blooms. Two lines were scored with the Scor-Buddy and inked, and then a separate sentiment panel was adhered to the card base.

34 comments:

  1. brilliant Karen...I'm such a literal gal that I LOVE what you've done! PRETTY card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous! Love how the flowers look like watercolor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card and wish I could think outside the box when I see a sketch. But this girl only sees black and white. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so beautiful and your poem is too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful and soft. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like a watercolor painting Karen...BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. just gorgeous...love how yo used the watercolors...this is the perfect mothers day card..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a soft and beautiful card! Great job with the color challenge :)
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Soft, subtle, beautiful and stunning!
    Hugs!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how delicate and pretty this is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo, I really really love this card! It is so elegant and a piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just love your beautiful card! In my faves!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. absolutely gorgeous! really love the misted background!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A gorgeous Mother's Day card, Karen. Love the touch of marker on the stamps - it adds so much depth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh...can you hear my happy sigh? This is so soft and beautiful. I love it! and how you used the sketch...truly fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful interpretation of this sketch...love the soft watercolor effect!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just adore this card, such beautiful etheral looking flowers, well done :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful field of wildflowers! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The misting really adds a fabulous layer to this card.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just lovely, Karen, both the card and the sweet poem. Love the soft misting over the field of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  21. i just love you watercolor looking cards. they are always so stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card Karen and ijust love the sentiment! So glad you played along with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh is this not just so fresh and Lovely... I Love how simple it is but yet so elegant at the same time.. and not even any ribbon... Beautiful!
    I enjoyed my visit to your blog so much I just became a follower..
    Stop by my place too and maybe you will follow me too!

    ReplyDelete
  24. awesome card...i feel a SSD shopping spree comin' on!

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is gorgeous, Karen! I love the soft, pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my! I don't know how you manage to create such beauty time after time. This is simply gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful creation, Karen! Reminds me of an impressionist painting!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Karen, your card is just gorgeous!!! Love those luscious pinks and greens!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my...how did I miss this beautiful card! I love the slightly faded watery colours Karen and your creative take on the sketch :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Absolutely gorgeous card.So apt for Mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  31. It was this card that made me buy this stamp set. I absolutely LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete