Sunday, May 5, 2013

Candy Stripe Creativity


I had the delightful opportunity to be a guest designer over at Market Street Stamps, and the other day two of my cards were showcased.

I used the Candy Stripe Background in a feminine and masculine way. For the feminine side, I started with a solid piece of pink cardstock and "built" dimension by applying a mix of distress stain in white and vintage photo distress ink. Then I stamped the Candy Stripe Background and embossed it in old. I distressed the edges and adhered the panel to a kraft card base, topped it with a luscious May Arts Silk Bow and a sentiment from Market Street's Simple Salutations set.


I loved the Tuesday Trigger image over at Moxie Fab World. It helped me with the not only the colors on this card but I picked up on the woodgrain (using stripes) and the general mood as well.

Switching gears completely, this card features Candy Stripe in a masculine way. The background was stamped in a plaid fashion, using a mix of two blues and a grey. I added a large sentiment from Great Big Greetings and finished wish a simple ribbon treatment of May Arts grey faux canvas that was stapled to hold it in place.

I'll get to guest one more time over at Market Street this month, and look forward to showing you more with these sets.

25 comments:

  1. Both are awesome cards!! Totally swooning over the first one - good enough to eat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness..you are a serious enabler! The silk ribbon is amazing! and yet again..your inking is absolutely divine Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both cards, Karen! Such pretty colors on the first one and that plaid on your second card looks amazing! Beautifully done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are awesome but your first card teamed up with that gorgeous ribbon/bow, is swoon worthy:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both just gorgeous Karen, love the ribbon on your first card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the DT gig, Karen - you ROCKED those stripes!!!
    That ribbon is seriously divine - your bow has me drooling!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing cards Karen - that big now is fab-u-lous!!!
    Hugs,
    Caryn x

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have totally showcased this background! Gorgeous cards, I'm especially loving the first, that bow is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that you got two fabulously different looks from the one stamp Karen... and that pink bow is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. both of these are so pretty.. i really love the first one.. it has pink and a big bow.. my favorite..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful take on the trigger. Love the bow on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love that big pink bow! You really know how to tie a beautiful bow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cards...love that pink bow!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such 'bowlicious' beauty Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I still have bow envy, but you inspired me to pull out that gray ribbon (which I love) for my take on the Tuesday Trigger :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You BOW... is so TDF.... its beautifully tied!!! Awesome.... hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your first card is a wow for me! Love the blue & gray combo on the 2nd one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are both great! That first one is just breathtaking! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on being guest designer. I lovelovelove that first card! It's so simple but so perfectly executed!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am SWOONING over your beautiful pink bow Karin!!! And the masculine card with the simple strip of ribbon is brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. fabulous cards! your big juicy bows kill me...so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete