Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Look Closer


What do you see, people, what do you see?
What are you thinking, when you look at me...
I remember the joy, I remember the pain,
And I'm loving and living life over again.
I think of the years all too few – gone too fast,
And accept the stark fact that nothing can last.
~From a poem called Look Closer, See Me by Anonymous

I have one more card to show you as a guest designer over at Market Street Stamps from May using the Candy Stripe Background and Great Big Greetings. It went live this past Monday and I finally have time to show it here! This time it is a one layer, I love teasing the mind with one layer cards. I masked a large center panel and stamped the background in pink, then came back to add the two rows of smaller stripes in aqua from one of the fun bases included in the Great Big Greetings set. I finished with the large sentiment and tied it off with a bow made of Burlap String from May Arts.

I've really enjoyed guest designing for Market Street Stamp, there stamps are so much fun and the owners are amazing. Great customer service, great quality...which says it all in an online world.

19 comments:

  1. Love how you started out this blog post today. It goes with how I have been feeling the last few days.

    Love your card. You always make simple look so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, this is incredible! I love the soft color palette on those fabulous stripes. It's a gorgeous one layer design. I had to really take a good long look before I was able to convince myself that it's one layer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this card is gorgeous.. love every inch of it..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to stare at this as I thought there was no way it was one layer Karen. Absolutely gorgeous. Fabulous masking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great stamping! I would never have guessed it was a one layer card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful stamping! Really thought it was those were papers. Great card, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Karen! Your masking is perfect and I love the double twine bow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing! Would never have known from the photo that it was one layer. Great job. Love the twine!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! girlfriend you rock the one layer cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Karen you've executed this perfectly! I looks like you have layers,really fools the eye!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card!!! and I love the poem too.... hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmm candy striped goodness! Fabulous design! :D
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colour combo of this, and the double twine bow! Great card Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is BEAUTIFUL!! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete