Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I Thought I Was Smart


CAS-ual Fridays Stamps are some of the best for clean and simple cards that pack a punch with bold images. So here's what I did that led me to thinking I was the smartest, most innovative stamper in the world: I stamped the large image from Mums the Word in Versamark Ink and then began the process of heat embossing with clear powder. While it was heating and starting to emboss, I sprinkled Martha Stewart Fine Glitter in tanzonite on the wet embossing powder. It worked! The glitter mixed with the wet, hot embossing powder to form a stay-tight seal. I was so ecstatic!


That is, until I realized that not all the glitter stuck to the embossing and a lot got in my work area after being blown away with the heat gun. It was messy, because glitter got everywhere. Next time I will have a "catch bin" but I think the effect is really cool.

I finished the card with a sentiment from the same set. Wish I had more time to make some more, because a lot of the CAS-ual Fridays Stamps images are big and bold-which would be perfect for this technique, but alas, this being a more active mother kind of eats at one's time!

11 comments:

  1. What a neat idea, Karen - and you're right - brilliant too! I love the way it turned out - so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But you ARE the smartest, most innovative stamper in the world! Beautiful card and awesome effect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a NEAT effect! You sure are the smartest and most innovative (just a little messy like me)!! Thanks for sharing, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks neat Karen!!! Thanks for sharing the tips... [besides the mess!]

    hugs...x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The end result is very cool Karen. I love the spectrum of colors in the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this gorgeous card and the fabulous tip. I'm going to try this too! You are a crafting genius! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this looks amazing! I don't do enough embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are smart, and now you probably twinkle too! Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhh yes...the mess of glitter!! Well at least the mess was worth it, your end result is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. well the glitter mess was worth this as it is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete