Sunday, July 17, 2016

Camp Create


"I hate camping, but I love summer camp." ~Zooey Deschanel

The MFT Camp Create has been a lot of fun, and I was able to make a card for each day of the camp...of which I'm going to showcase them all in one post today.
My first card was my favorite of the five, featuring Magnificent Masking. I started with a brick red card base and stenciled a brick pattern onto it with the Small Brick Wall Stencil. Then on a vanilla cardstock panel, I masked a few cute pups from the You Make My Tail Wag Set, colored them with distress ink and adhered this panel onto the base with dimensional adhesive. I finished the card with a stamped sentiment.


This next card is for the Coloring on Kraft session. I stamped and colored with pencils some blooms and leaves from Sketched Blooms and splattered with some white acrylic paint. I stamped a sentiment from Right at Home's Script Greetings onto a white panel and then adhered this to the card base with dimensional adhesive.


My third card features a custom, stamped background for the Background Bonanza Session. I stamped the smaller images from Magical Unicorns onto a cream cardstock panel with chocolate ink, then colored them in with a comic book inspired fashion with Copics. I added a bit of sparkle with Wink of Stella. Then this panel was adhered to a kraft cardstock base and I stamped a fishtail banner sentiment from Magical Unicorns.


This next one is for Inlaid Made Easy. I inked a blue piece of cardstock and added some pearlized splatters. After the panel dried, I die cut the butterflies and elephant from Adorable Elephants. Then I die cut the same from white cardstock, stamped and colored them in with zigs. The blue panel was adhered to a white cardstock base, and I inlaid two butterflies and the elephants The middle butterfly was adhered with dimensional adhesive. I finished the card with a banner sentiment and a few iridescent sequins.


This last card is for the Fantastic Foiling Session. I started with affixing three strips of double-sided adhesive onto a white cardstock panel and covering with gold foil. I then stamped a sentiment from Adorable Elephants. The panel was affixed to an aqua card base. Then I stamped, colored and die cut a unicorn from Magical Unicorns. I attempted to add foil to the hooves and horn. I finished the card by affixing the unicorn to the card with dimensional adhesive and gold sequins.

Whew, that's a bunch of cards!

15 comments:

  1. Wow oh wow! These are all awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Karen! My fave is the little ellie and butterflies with the amazing background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you have been busy! Wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Five amazing cards...I love how this shows that you rock all different types of cards. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW all of your cards are outstanding.. So creative and just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terrific collection of cards Karen!! I really like the flowers on kraft, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so very creative! What an amazing collection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGSH, these are all wonderful! Thank you so much for demonstrating what can be done with all these different techniques! I ALWAYS love your cards and am ALWAYS inspired to try to imitate them!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so beautiful and so inspiring!
    Thank You Karen!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, these are all so fabulous, Karen! Congratulations on completing all five challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you rock at the camp!! Love each one of them and how you approached the theme! Well done, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It would be hard to pick a favorite among these, they're all superb!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! These are all so wonderful! I'm totally in love with the coloring of the flowers on craft! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Karen all of these are fantastic! All creative and your backgrounds are fantastic! Sorry I haven't been around much, finding a minute has been challenging!

    ReplyDelete