Saturday, July 2, 2016

Woodgrain and Blooms


Sigh. I don't think that I will ever tire of the natural beauty in woodgrain and blooms. Each piece of wood, each flower, is so different and unique.


Sharing my last card for the Winnie & Walter Share the Love featuring Essentials by Ellen Day 5 Challenge: Mood Board before time slips away from me this holiday weekend.

I was inspired by the middle right picture and attempted to recreate the look of the woodgrain and blooms. I started by slightly inking the sides and some of the center of a white card base with aqua ink. I them stamped and trimmed a woodgrain panel to be slightly larger than my card base (stamp is from a retired Wplus9 stamp set), inked the edges and adhered this to my card base. I stamped a sentiment from Essentials by Ellen 12 Days Companion Greeting Stamp Set in the same ink as the inked background. After stamping and fussy cutting both blooms from Winnie and Walter's The Big, the Bold and Extras Stamp Set and slightly inking their edges in pink and green, I adhered them to the card base-some with glue and others with dimensional adhesive. I then stamped and inked a few leaves, fussy cut them and added them to the card as well. I finished the card by adding a few stamped dots, also from The Big, the Bold and Extras Stamp Set.

As always, thank you for taking the time to visit and comment. I hope you all have an amazing weekend!

5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! LOVE the woodgrain and flowers, especially with your soft blue background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In total agreement with your first two sentences! Beautiful arrangement on your card. I created a card using that same photo, but funny it was the last photo to catch my eye. It is so naturally beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your cards have been stunning Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the floral composition and use of woodgrain! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you- wood grain and blooms = natural beauty. As does this lovely creation! Wonderful composition and combination of images...

    ReplyDelete