Saturday, July 2, 2016

Vellum Roses


I've had a lot of fun creating the same two stamp sets these past few days...I think I need to revisit all my stamp sets and do the same. I'm playing along with the Winnie & Walter Share the Love featuring Essentials By Ellen Day Four Transparent Challenge.


I started by heat embossing in gold onto vellum a series of roses from Winnie & Walter's The Big, the Bold and Extras Stamp Set. I fussy cut them and then on the back I colored with various shades of pink and blush alcohol markers. I then die cut a banner from vellum and heat embossed in gold a sentiment from the Essentials by Ellen's 12 Days Companion Greetings Stamp Set.  Once I had the arrangement finalized for my card, I drew some stems with a Versamark Pen and then heat embossed in gold as well.


I was able to adhered the roses and the banner with a light touch of glue onto vanilla cardstock. I felt that the card needed a bit more detail, so I splattered some watered down glue onto this panel, then heat embossed the splatters with gold embossing powder. I finished the card by adding the sentiment banner and adhered the panel onto a matching vanilla card base.

8 comments:

  1. Love the effect the vellum gives the roses. No kidding about revisiting old stamp sets. (Did you see the CASometry challenge, unfortunately over now, to use one set for five cards? Totally doable)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pretty Karen...LOVE the embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, this is beautiful, too! Love the gold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous, Karen, love the gold with the vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty. I bet this is GORGEOUS in person with all that gold embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!!! I love everything on vellum. Your rose card proves just that, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the color that peeks through the vellum- and the glue spattered embossing? Swoon!

    ReplyDelete