Wednesday, October 12, 2016

A Baby Dragon


A little baby dragon holding a bouquet of balloons...could there be anything cuter?? 

I'm playing along with the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge 139
and their lovely inspiration photograph.


Although I didn't make a baby card, I was inspired by the soft colors and I used a child-like image. I started by stamping in a light gray ink one of the dragons from MFT's Magical Dragons Set, colored him with Ziggies and detailed with Clear Wink of Stella, and die cut him out. Then I stamped, colored and die cut some balloons from MFT's Adorable Elephants and some vellum clouds from Lil' Inker Designs Border Builders Die Set. I inked up a soft blue sky, adhered the clouds in a layered fashion, tucked in my dragon, adhered the balloons and then drew in some balloon strings. I bordered all of this with a stitched frame from LID's Stitched Mats: Rounded Rectangles. I finished with a stamped, white, heat embossed sentiment from MFT's Birthday Bears.




10 comments:

  1. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the soft colors Karen!! This is just as sweet as can be!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is precious! Love the pastel colors and image--delightful! Thanks so much for sharing at Cupcake Inspirations!
    Debbie, DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable! I'm so glad you linked your sweet creation up at Cupcake Inspirations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw! Such an sweet dragon and I love that he's holding balloons! Ya know, you could also put this card over at City Crafter Challenge - the challenge is "Did I make you up?" (unreal creatures).

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable Karen! Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely coloring on the dragon and balloons, so soft and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, Karen- this is beyond darling! I love that you went non-baby from the inspiration- and those clouds are a wonderful detail!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so so sweet! Love the soft colours and the vellum clouds. This particular dragon image reminds me of the original Disney Pete's Dragon. I loved that movie!

    ReplyDelete